From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tension in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tension may refer to:
- Tension (physics), a force related to the stretching of an object (the opposite of compression)
- Tension (geology), a stress which stretches rocks in two opposite directions
- Voltage or electric tension, the difference in electric potential energy between two points
- Tension (music), the perceived need for relaxation or release created by a listener's expectations
- Suspense, the feeling of uncertainty and interest about the outcome of certain actions an audience perceives
- Tension (film), a 1949 film by John Berry
- Tension (band), a Taiwanese acappella group and boy band
- Tension (Dizmas album), a 2007 album by Dizmas
- Tension (Bakufu Slump album), 1994
- Ten$Ion, a 2012 album by Die Antwoord
- "Tension", a song by Avenged Sevenfold from Diamonds in the Rough
- "Tension", a song by Killing Joke from What's THIS For...!
- "Tension", a song by Korn from The Path of Totality
- "Tension", a song by Orbital from The Altogether
- "Tension", a song by Susumu Hirasawa from Paranoia Agent Original Soundtrack
- Tension (knitting), a factor that affects knitting gauge
- Tenseness, in phonetics, a phonological quality frequently associated with vowels and occasionally with consonants
- Muscle tone or residual muscle tension, a partial contraction of the muscles
- The Void (video game), also known as Tension in some regions
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tension.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.