||This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (December 2012) (|
- SPLATT is an open source software package for high-performance sparse tensor factorization. SPLATT ships a stand-alone executable, C/C++ library, and Octave/MATLAB API.
- Cadabra is a computer algebra system (CAS) designed specifically for the solution of problems encountered in field theory. It has extensive functionality for tensor polynomial simplification including multi-term symmetries, fermions and anti-commuting variables, Clifford algebras and Fierz transformations, implicit coordinate dependence, multiple index types and many more. The input format is a subset of TeX. Both a command-line and a graphical interface are available.
- Tela is a software package similar to Matlab and (GNU) Octave, but designed specifically for tensors.
Software for use with Mathematica
- Tensor is a tensor package written for the Mathematica system. It provides many functions relevant for General Relativity calculations in general Riemann-Cartan geometries.
- Ricci is a system for Mathematica 2.x and later for doing basic tensor analysis, available for free.
- TTC Tools of Tensor Calculus is a Mathematica package for doing tensor and exterior calculus on differentiable manifolds.
- EDC and RGTC, "Exterior Differential Calculus" and "Riemannian Geometry & Tensor Calculus," are free Mathematica packages for tensor calculus especially designed but not only for general relativity.
- Tensorial "Tensorial 4.0" is a general purpose tensor calculus package for Mathematica.
- xAct: Efficient Tensor Computer Algebra for Mathematica. xAct is a collection of packages for fast manipulation of tensor expressions.
- GREAT is a free package for Mathematica that computes the Christoffel connection and the basic tensors of General Relativity from a given metric tensor.
- Atlas 2 for Mathematica is a powerful Mathematica toolbox which allows to do a wide range of modern differential geometry calculations
- GRTensorM is a computer algebra package for performing calculations in the general area of differential geometry.
- MathGR is a package to manipulate tensor and GR calculations with either abstract or explicit indices, simplify tensors with permutational symmetries, decompose tensors from abstract indices to partially or completely explicit indices and convert partial derivatives into total derivatives.
- TensoriaCalc is a tensor calculus package written for Mathematica 9 and higher, aimed at providing user-friendly functionality and a smooth consistency with the Mathematica language itself. As of January 2015, given a metric and the coordinates used, TensoriaCalc can compute Christoffel symbols, the Riemann curvature tensor, and Ricci tensor/scalar; it allows for user-defined tensors and is able to perform basic operations such as taking the covariant derivatives of tensors. TensoriaCalc is continuously under development due to time constraints faced by its inventor/developer.
Software for use with Maple
- GRTensorII is a computer algebra package for performing calculations in the general area of differential geometry.
- Atlas 2 for Maple is a modern differential geometry for Maple.
- DifferentialGeometry is a package which performs fundamental operations of calculus on manifolds, differential geometry, tensor calculus, General Relativity, Lie algebras, Lie groups, transformation groups, jet spaces, and the variational calculus. It is included with Maple.
Software for use with Matlab
- Tensorlab is a MATLAB toolbox for multilinear algebra and structured data fusion.
- Tensor Toolbox Multilinear algebra MATLAB software.
- MPCA and MPCA+LDA] Multilinear subspace learning software: Multilinear principal component analysis.
- UMPCA Multilinear subspace learning software: Uncorrelated multilinear principal component analysis.
- UMLDA Multilinear subspace learning software: Uncorrelated multilinear discriminant analysis.
Software for use with Maxima
Maxima is a free open source general purpose computer algebra system which includes several packages for tensor algebra calculations in its core distribution. It is particularly useful for calculations with abstract tensors, i.e., when one wishes to do calculations without defining all components of the tensor explicitly. It comes with three tensor packages:
- itensor for abstract (indicial) tensor manipulation,
- ctensor for component-defined tensors, and
- atensor for algebraic tensor manipulation.
Software for use with R
- Tensor is an R package for basic tensor operations.
- rTensor provides several tensor decomposition approaches.
- tensorBF is an R package for Bayesian Tensor decomposition.
- MTF Bayesian Multi-Tensor Factorization for data fusion and Bayesian versions of Tensor PCA and Tensor CCA. Software: MTF.
- Redberry is an open source computer algebra system designed for symbolic tensor manipulation. Redberry provides common tools for expression manipulation, generalized on tensorial objects, as well as tensor-specific features: indices symmetries, LaTeX-style input, natural dummy indices handling, multiple index types etc. The HEP package includes tools for Feynman diagrams calculation: Dirac and SU(N) algebra, Levi-Civita simplifications, tools for calculation of one-loop counterterms etc. Redberry is written in Java and provides extensive Groovy-based programming language.
- libxm is a lightweight distributed-parallel tensor library written in C.
- FTensor is a high performance tensor library written in C++.
- TL is a multi-threaded tensor library implemented in C++ used in Dynare++. The library allows for folded/unfolded, dense/sparse tensor representations, general ranks (symmetries). The library implements Faa Di Bruno formula and is adaptive to available memory. Dynare++ is a standalone package solving higher order Taylor approximations to equilibria of non-linear stochastic models with rational expectations.
- vmmlib is a C++ linear algebra library that supports 3-way tensors, emphasizing computation and manipulation of several tensor decompositions.
- Spartns is a Sparse Tensor framework for Common Lisp.
- FAstMat is a thread-safe general tensor algebra library written in C++ and specially designed for FEM/FVM/BEM/FDM element/edge wise computations.
- Cyclops Tensor Framework  is a distributed memory library for efficient decomposition of tensors of arbitrary type and parallel MPI+OpenMP execution of tensor contractions/functions.
- TiledArray is a scalable, block-sparse tensor library that is designed to aid in rapid composition of high-performance algebraic tensor equation. It is designed to scale from a single multicore computer to a massively-parallel, distributed-memory system.
- libtensor  is a set of performance linear tensor algebra routines for large tensors found in post-Hartree-Fock methods in quantum chemistry.
- ITensor  features automatic contraction of matching tensor indices. It is written in C++ and has higher-level features for quantum physics algorithms based on tensor networks.
- Fastor  is a high performance C++ tensor algebra library that supports tensors of any arbitrary dimensions and all their possible contraction and permutation thereof. It employs compile-time graph search optimisations to find the optimal contraction sequence between arbitrary number of tensors in a network. It has high level domain specific features for solving nonlinear multiphysics problem using FEM.
- Xerus  is a C++ tensor algebra library for tensors of arbitrary dimensions and tensor decomposition into general tensor networks (focusing on matrix product states). It offers Einstein notation like syntax and optimizes the contraction order of any network of tensors at runtime so that dimensions need not be fixed at compile-time.
- http://www.ava.fmi.fi/prog/tela.html Tela
- http://www.adinfinitum.no/cartan Tensors in Physics
- http://www.math.washington.edu/~lee/Ricci/ Ricci
- https://sites.google.com/view/xjaen-ttc/home TTC
- http://www.inp.demokritos.gr/~sbonano/RGTC/ EDC and RGTC
- http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/TensorialPage.html Tensorial
- http://www.xact.es/ xAct
- http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4781/ GREAT
- http://digi-area.com/Mathematica/atlas/ atlas 2 for Mathematica
- http://grtensor.phy.queensu.ca/ GRTensorII
- https://github.com/tririver/MathGR; http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.1295 MathGR
- http://www.stargazing.net/yizen/Tensoria.html TensoriaCalc
- http://grtensor.phy.queensu.ca/ GRTensorII
- http://digi-area.com/Maple/atlas/ atlas 2 for Maple
- http://sandia.gov/~tgkolda/TensorToolbox Tensor Toolbox
- http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26168 MPCA and MPCA+LDA
- http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/35782 UMLDA
- http://maxima.sourceforge.net/ Maxima on sourceforge.net
- http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs/manual/en/maxima_27.html#SEC90 The itensor Package Guide
- Rougier, Jonathan (2012-05-05), tensor: Tensor product of arrays, retrieved 2016-12-10
- Wells, James Li and Jacob Bien and Martin (2015-12-15), rTensor: Tools for Tensor Analysis and Decomposition, retrieved 2016-12-10
- Khan, Suleiman A.; Ammad-ud-din, Muhammad (2016-12-29), tensorBF: Bayesian Tensor Factorization, retrieved 2017-01-07
- Khan, Suleiman A.; Leppäaho, Eemeli; Kaski, Samuel (2016-06-10). "Bayesian multi-tensor factorization". Machine Learning. 105 (2): 233–253. ISSN 0885-6125. doi:10.1007/s10994-016-5563-y.
- Homepage: http://redberry.cc . Redberry project at Bitbucket: http://bitbucket.org/redberry/redberry
- https://github.com/ilyak/libxm libxm
- http://www.wlandry.net/Projects/FTensor FTensor
- http://www.cepremap.cnrs.fr/juillard/mambo/download/manual/dynare++/tl.pdf TL
- https://vmml.github.com/vmmlib/ vmmlib
- http://aleph0.info/spartns/ Spartns
- http://www.cimec.org.ar/petscfem FastMat