Tenstrings Music Institute
|Tenstrings Music Institute|
|Communities served||Ikeja, Surulere, Festac Town, Lekki, Abuja, Port Harcourt|
Tenstrings Music Institute is a contemporary music college in Nigeria, renowned as the country’s biggest music school with study centers in Ikeja, Surulere, Festac Town, Lekki, Port Harcourt and affiliated schools in other parts of the country. Over the last nine years, Tenstrings has enrolled students from at least ten other African countries, including Ghana, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon, e.t.c.
Tenstrings was founded in 2007 by Akapo Emmanuel - a Nigerian music educator, after several years of teaching music in both public and private institutions. His aim was to create a vocational training center for young and talented people who dream of pursuing careers in popular music; such as Hip Hop, R & B, Gospel, Afro Music, e.t.c, whom the regular classically oriented music schools were not catering to. Some of the notable activities and events organized periodically by the institute include; The Starmingle, HippyJams, Gospel Breakfast, Playing4Change and The Ones2Watch Concert.
The school offers professional training in singing, playing musical instruments, dance, disc-jockeying, music production and sound engineering. In September 2016, it was reported that the school has trained over 7000 students in about a decade of its establishment. In 2015, the school institutionalized career management and promotional services for its distinguished protégées.
- "TENSTRINGS, LIVING THE YOUNG MUSIC DREAM". VANGUARD NEWSPAPER. 23 August 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "I don't beg to have my music played". The Nation Newspaper. September 25, 2016. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "I love my body – Bokiestar (A student of Tenstrings Music Institute)". Punch Newspaper. 7 December 2014. Archived from the original on 23 August 2015.
- "The Magic of Music". This Day Newspaper. 14 January 2015. Archived from the original on 3 June 2015.
- "Cobhams and GT receive Tenstrings Mentors Award". The Nigerian Voice. 8 March 2015.
- "Entertainers brace up for the Ones2Watch Concert". Pulse News. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Music is community service – Akapo Emmanuel". The Guardian. 25 February 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Music Tourism: Nigeria loses $5b annually —Emmanuel Akapo, President, Tenstrings Musical Institute". Tribune Newspaper. 5 October 2016. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Tenstrings, 'The Lagosian' partner to promote tourism in Lagos". THE SUN NEWSPAPER. 25 March 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
- "Bibi set to takeover Afro-soul world". Nigerian Tribune. 17 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Nigerian musicians honoured by Tenstrings Music Institute". Pulse NG. 29 March 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Being sexy makes me unique –DJ Preddy". THE SUN NEWSPAPER. 4 August 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
|This Nigeria school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|