From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|History of Japan|
Tentoku (天徳?) was a Japanese era name (年号 nengō?, "year name") after Tenryaku and before Ōwa. This period spanned the years from October 957 through February 961. The reigning emperors was Murakami-tennō (村上天皇?).
Change of era
- February 3, 957 Tentoku gannen (天徳元年?): The new era name was created to mark an event or series of events. The previous era ended and the new one commenced in Tenryaku 11, on the 27th day of the 10th month.
Events of the Tentoku era
- 957 (Tentoku 1, 4th month): The emperor celebrated the 50th birthday of Fujiwara Morosuke; and on this occasion Murakami himself offered Morosuke a cup of sake.
- 958 (Tentoku 2, 3rd month): Fujiwara Saneyori is honored with the privilege of traveling by cart./
- October 16, 960 (Tentoku 4, 23rd day of the 9th month): The Imperial palace burned down, the first time it had been ravaged by fire since the capital was removed from Nara to Heian-kyō in 794.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tenryaku" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 961, p. 961, at Google Books; n.b., Louis-Frédéric is pseudonym of Louis-Frédéric Nussbaum, see Deutsche Nationalbibliothek Authority File.
- Nussbaum, "Ōwa" at p. 767., p. 767, at Google Books.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales ds empereurs du japon, pp. 139–142; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 295–298; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki, pp. 183–190.
- Brown, p. 297.
- Titsingh, p. 140.
- Titsingh, p. 141; Brown, p. 297.
- Brown, Delmer M. and Ichirō Ishida, eds. (1979). Gukanshō: The Future and the Past. Berkeley: University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-03460-0; OCLC 251325323
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric and Käthe Roth. (2005). Japan encyclopedia. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-01753-5; OCLC 58053128
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Nihon Ōdai Ichiran; ou, Annales des empereurs du Japon. Paris: Royal Asiatic Society, Oriental Translation Fund of Great Britain and Ireland. OCLC 5850691
- Varley, H. Paul. (1980). A Chronicle of Gods and Sovereigns: Jinnō Shōtōki of Kitabatake Chikafusa. New York: Columbia University Press. ISBN 9780231049405; OCLC 6042764
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō