Tenzin Tsetan Choklay
Tenzin Tsetan Choklay is a Tibetan filmmaker.
He was born to Tibetan refugees in India, and was raised in Dharamshala where he was a student at Tibetan Children's Village. He then graduated at Punjab University in Chandigarh, and moved to Bombay where his interest in studying film materialized and later joined the Academy of Film and Television, Delhi.
He graduated from the Korean Academy of Film Arts (한국영화아카데미) in 2008. Since 2009, lived and worked in Delhi, and then in New York city. He realized number of short films in South Korea and was an Associate Producer at White Crane Films in India, in particular for The Sun Behind the Clouds by Ritu Sarin and Tenzing Sonam.
His documentary film Bringing Tibet Home, featuring the Tibetan artist and childhood friend of him Tenzing Rigdol, won the award of Jury des jeunes Européens at the Festival International de Programmes Audiovisuels in January 2014.
- Two films by Tibetan directors to hit the biggest Asian film festival, Phayul.com, 4 september 2013
- Tenzin Tsetan Choklay
- Beauty and the Beast : A Search for Miss Tibet
- Tibetan Showman Steals the Show in Korea
- Uma da Cunha, Tibetan Filmmaker from India features in 2013 Busan, September 2013
- Margherita Stancati, How to Smuggle Tibetan Soil to India, May 25, 2012
- (in French) Samuel Gontier, Fipa 2014 : mon rapport secret d’infiltré chez les jurés, 27 january 2014
- (in French) Palmarès du 27e Festival international de programmes audiovisuels, Le Parisien, 25 january 2014
- 'Bringing Tibet Home' wins French award, Phayul.com, 27 january 2014
- Tenzin Dorjee, Tibetan filmmaker wins 'Emerging Director' Award at Asian American Film Festival, Phayul.com, 4 August 2014