Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
|Part of a series on|
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (Tib. o thog bstan 'dzin dbang rgyal) is a teacher (lama) of the Bon Tibetan religious tradition. He is founder and director of the Ligmincha Institute and several centers named Chamma Ling, organizations dedicated to the study and practice of the teachings of the Bon tradition.
Tenzin Wangyal's parents fled the Chinese invasion of Tibet and later, in 1961, he was born in Amritsar, India. At the age of thirteen, he began dzogchen training from both Buddhist and Bon teachers. He began an eleven-year traditional course of instruction at Bonpo Monastic Center and in 1986 attained the degree of Geshe, the highest academic degree of traditional Tibetan culture. That same year, Tenzin Wangyal began employment at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives in Dharamsala, India.
In 1988 he began to teach in Italy at the invitation of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. In 1991, he was awarded a Rockefeller Fellowship at Rice University in Houston, Texas. A second Rockefeller Fellowship followed in 1993.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (1998). The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 1-55939-101-4.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (2000). Wonders of the Natural Mind. Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 1-55939-142-1.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (2002). Healing with Form, Energy, and Light. Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 1-55939-176-6.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche; Anne Carolyn Klein (2006). Unbounded Wholeness, Dzogchen, Bon and the Logic of the Nonconceptual. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-517850-5.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (2006). Tibetan Sound Healing. Sounds True. ISBN 1-59179-427-7.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (2011). Awakening the Sacred Body. Hay House. ISBN 1-4019-2871-4.
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche (2012). Awakening the Luminous Mind. Hay House. ISBN 1-4019-3761-6.
- The Ligmincha Institute, founded in 1992 by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
- Chamma Ling Retreat Center of Crestone, Colorado, founded in 2001.
- The Lishu Institute India, founded in 2006
- The Three Doors founded in 2010
- Audio Interview Series on Buddhist Geeks