Gebert comes from a theatrical background. , "... my father is a musician, my mother an actor, my uncle an actor, my grandfather ran theatres and my grandmother had dreams of being a ballerina when she was a little girl." His mother Helen Livermore is Reg Livermore's sister and his father, Bobby is a jazz musician and his uncle is Australian actor, singer and theatrical performer Reg Livermore.
- Big Sister - A Larrikin Opera, Riverside Theatres, Parramatta, NSW, 29 April 1990
- The Trackers of Oxyrhynchus, The Wharf Theatre, Walsh Bay, NSW, 21 January 1992
- The Heartbreak Kid, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 3 May 1993
- Mixed Emotions, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 7 July 1994
- Waiting Rooms, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 1 September 1994
- The Quartet from Rigoletto, Q Theatre, Penrith, NSW, 17 March 1995
- The Quartet from Rigoletto, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 20 April 1995
- Blackrock, Wharf 1, Sydney, NSW, 30 August 1995
- The Life of Galileo, Drama Theatre (Sydney Opera House) 1 June 1996
- Men of Honour, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 5 April 2001
- Lawrence & Holloman, Darlinghurst Theatre, Darlinghurst, NSW, 2 February 2005
- Absurd Person Singular, Ensemble Theatre, Kirribilli, NSW, 26 October 2009
Gebert made his film debut in Fatal Bond alongside Linda Blair and has appeared in Sniper: Reloaded with Billy Zane and Tom Berenger. He next had lead roles in the indie films "Square One and The Venus Factory and support in The Boys. In 1998 he started his close association with director Paul Middleditch playing a demented Nazi in Terra Nova and in 2001 they wrote and collaborated on the art-house film A Cold Summer. Gebert has also appeared in Under the Radar, Safety in Numbers and starred as Elmo in the gangster comedy Crooked Business. He plays a demented prison guard in the 2017 film Emporium.
Gebert played numerous television roles in Family and Friends, GP, The Feds, Murder Call, Wildside, Stingers, Above the Law, Farscape, Love Bytes, Two Twisted, and The Cut. Gebert played Laurie Pendergast in Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities and Dr Lovallo on Home and Away. Gebert has been a regular presenter on Play School since 2004 and in 2012 did a spin-off show called Little Ted's Big Adventures. He's appeared in the web series Avalon Now and Avalon Now 2.
- "Presenters Playschool Teo". ABC. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Bobby GEbert". The Australian Jazz Agency. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Chips off two old blocks show their talents on stage. 1 July 1993". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Big Sister - A Larrikin Opera 29 April 1990". AusStage. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Teo Gebert Male Australian Actor". AusStage. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Emporium (2017)". IMDb. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Domain branded entertainment series pokes fun at residents of well-to-do Sydney suburb 30 September 2015". Mumbrella. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Avalon Now Series 2". Domain. Retrieved 27 February 2017.