Teodoro Schmidt, Chile
|Town and Commune|
|• Alcalde||Alfredo Waldemar Riquelme Arriagada|
|• Town and Commune||649.9 km2 (250.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||37 m (121 ft)|
|Population (2012 Census)|
|• Town and Commune||14,536|
|• Density||22/km2 (58/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||(+56) 45|
|Website||Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt|
According to data from the 2002 Census of Population and Housing, Teodoro Schmidt had 15,504 inhabitants; of these, 6,244 (40.3%) lived in urban areas and 9,260 (59.7%) in rural areas. At that time, there were 8,136 men and 7,368 women.
As a commune, Teodoro Schmidt is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a communal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2014-2017 mayor is Alfredo Riquelme Arriagada.
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Teodoro Schmidt belongs to the 51st electoral district and 15th senatorial constituency.
- "Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt" (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 July 2010. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Official" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- (Spanish) Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt
|This La Araucanía Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|