TAV Airports Holding
|Traded as||BİST: TAVHL|
|Services||Air Traffic Control, Airport management|
TAV Airports Holding (Turkish: TAV Havalimanları Holding A.Ş.) was established as a joint venture between Tepe and Akfen groups in 1997. TAV Airports is the leading airport operator in Turkey as per the DHMI 2010 passenger statistics including transfer passengers.
The firm operates Istanbul Atatürk Airport (one of the busiest in Europe), Ankara Esenboğa Airport Domestic and International Terminals, Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport International Terminal and Antalya Gazipaşa Airport in Turkey, Tbilisi Airport and Batumi International Airport in Georgia, Monastir Habib Bourguiba International Airport and the Enfidha – Hammamet International Airport in Tunisia, Skopje "Alexander the Great" Airport and Ohrid "St. Paul the Apostle" International Airport in the Republic of Macedonia.
TAV engages in other branches of airport operations as well: duty-free sales, food and beverage services, ground handling services, information technologies, security. and operation services. Its airports serve approximately 420K flights and 48 million passengers on average per year. In 2010, 55% of the firm's consolidated revenues were non-aviational. It generated 753 million Euro consolidated revenues (turnover) according to 2010 financial tables prepared in compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The company shares are listed in the Istanbul Stock Exchange since February 23, 2007, under the name of "TAVHL".
On March 12, 2012, TAV announced the planned sale of 38% of the firm's issued share capital to Aéroports de Paris Group for a total consideration of 874 million USD. The sale value was determined based on the 32% premium of the company's latest closing price. The two companies provide service for 180 million passengers at 37 airports in total. Chairman Hamdi Akın and CEO Sani Şener continued in their positions.
- Adnan Menderes Airport, İzmir
- Istanbul Atatürk Airport
- Esenboğa International Airport, Ankara
- Gazipaşa Airport, Antalya
- "Turkey’s TAV qualifies to bid for LaGuardia airport tender". Hürriyet Daily News. 2013-07-29. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Turkey's TAV wins the tender for Latvia's SJSC Riga Airport". Hürriyet Avrupa. 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Willing, Dominic (2012-02-03). "Bidding hots up for TAV stake". Airport World. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Tav Havalimanlari Holding as (TAVHL:Istanbul)". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Aeroports de Paris to Buy 38% of Turkey Airport Operator TAV". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Sarıbaş, Şermin (2005-08-21). "Türkiye’nin liman patronu". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Airport opeator TAV sets sail for overseas". Hürriyet Daily News. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
|This Turkish airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|