Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
|"Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"|
|Single by Joe Nichols|
|from the album III|
|Released||August 1, 2005|
|Joe Nichols singles chronology|
"Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" is a song written by Gary Hannan and John Wiggins and recorded by American country music artist Joe Nichols. It was released in August 2005 as the first single from Nichols' album III. The song became Nichols' second number one hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in late 2005.
One of the song's co-writers, John Wiggins performed with his sister Audrey in the mid-1990s as the country duo John & Audrey Wiggins.
The song's narrator discusses how his wife carelessly misplaces her clothes when she drinks tequila.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a negative rating, saying that it was "mind-numbingly inane." In his review of the album, Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic discussed the song favorably, saying that while it has a "silly name and would seem like a throwaway novelty, it is genuinely funny". He also said that Nichols "delivers it with sly humor and a low-key swagger that shows more character, as a vocalist, than he did on his previous albums."
|US Billboard Hot 100||32|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||59|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||57|
- Coyne, Kevin John (August 29, 2005). "Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off". Country Universe. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Joe Nichols - "III"". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Joe Nichols Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- "Joe Nichols Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- "Best of 2005: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2005. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|