May 18, 1972
Paterson, New Jersey, U.S
|Residence||Montville, New Jersey, U.S|
|Alma mater||Berkeley College|
|Spouse(s)||Joe Giudice (m. 2000)|
Teresa Giudice // (née Gorga; born May 18, 1972) is an American reality television cast-member, known for starring in The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Besides appearing on the show, Giudice has written three New York Times bestseller cookbooks and was featured on Donald Trump's The Celebrity Apprentice. On December 23, 2015,she was released from federal prison after serving an 11 month sentence for fraud, while her husband and four daughters resided in the Towaco section of Montville, New Jersey. She is known for her extravagant lifestyle and highly publicized financial and legal troubles leading up to her prison sentence. Her husband Joe is scheduled to begin his 41-month fraud sentence in March 2016.
Teresa Giudice was born in Paterson, New Jersey, the daughter of Italian immigrants. Born Teresa Gorga, she was raised in the Catholic faith. She studied fashion marketing at Berkeley College.
Giudice worked for Macy's as an associate buyer. She has been a cast member of The Real Housewives of New Jersey since season 1, and since starring on Housewives, Giudice has co-authored three successful cookbooks that include recipes handed down from her mother: Skinny Italian (May 4 2010), Fabulicious (May 3, 2011), and Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit (May 8, 2012). All three books have been New York Times Best Sellers. Giudice also created Fabellini, a line of bellini cocktails, as well as a haircare line with Jerel Sabella named after Giudice's daughter, Milania.
In 2012, Giudice joined the cast of The Celebrity Apprentice 5 (also known as The Apprentice 12), and ultimately raised $70,000 for her selected charity, The NephCure Foundation. She was fired in episode 12 (airdate May 6, 2012), after placing fifth.
She is a committee member for Project Ladybug, a charity founded by fellow RHONJ co-star Dina Manzo.
Teresa is married to Joe Giudice, who has worked as a construction builder and restaurant owner in New Jersey. They have four daughters together: Gia, Gabriella, Milania, and Audriana.
In October 2009, the Giudices filed for bankruptcy. An auction of furniture from their Towaco, NJ home was initially scheduled for August 22, 2010 but was postponed and then canceled as the couple withdrew their petition for bankruptcy.
On July 29, 2013, Teresa and Joe Giudice were charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud, making false statements on loan applications, and bankruptcy fraud in a 39-count indictment. The indictment also charged Joe Giudice with failure to file tax returns for tax years 2004 through 2008, during which time he allegedly earned nearly $1 million. Teresa's attorney told the Associated Press she would plead not guilty and "we look forward to vindicating her." On August 14, 2013, the two pleaded not guilty in federal court to financial fraud charges.
Joe Giudice stood trial on November 19, 2013, on individual charges that he allegedly used marriage and birth certificates belonging to his brother to fraudulently obtain a driver's license in 2010.Giudice's own driver's license had been suspended following a DUI arrest January 13, 2010. After he was convicted, Joe's license was suspended for 12 months, and he was sentenced to 20 days of community service. Because he used the same defense attorney in both trials, U.S. District Judge Esther Salas moved the date of the tax case, involving both Teresa and Joe, from October 8, 2013, to February 24, 2014.
On March 4, 2014, Teresa and Joe entered a guilty plea to 41 counts of fraud, following a deal struck with federal prosecutors. The couple was accused of engaging in bank, mail, wire, and bankruptcy fraud, which allegedly saw them net over $5 million over a 10-year period. On October 2, 2014, Teresa was sentenced to 15 months in a federal prison; Joe was sentenced to 41 months, followed by potential deportation to Italy. Together, the couple must also pay $414,000 in restitution. Teresa and Joe are allowed to serve their sentences separately, so one parent may stay with their children. Teresa began her sentence first, on January 5, 2015. She surrendered herself to the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut seven hours early, at 3 am instead of 10 am. According to her attorney, James J. Leonard Jr.Esq., "she was ready." At Danbury, Teresa is known as Inmate No. 65703-050 and is scheduled for a two months' early release, on 16 February 2016.  Giudice was released on December 23, 2015.
As of July 2015, Giudice's primary residence in Towaco is in the primary stages of foreclosure, while the couple's summer home in Beach Haven West in Stafford Township, New Jersey was foreclosed; the latter was auctioned in a sheriff's sale on August 18, 2015 and received no bids. The home was bought back by the Giudice's mortgage holder for $100. A week prior to the auction, police were called to the Beach Haven West home after Joe Giudice got into an argument with a neighbor over leaving their daughter, Gia, locked outside the home during a party; no arrests were made.
|2009–present||The Real Housewives of New Jersey||Herself||114 episodes|
|2012||Celebrity Apprentice||Herself||Placed 5th|
|2015||Teresa Checks In||Herself||3 episodes|
- "'Teresa Giudice". TVGuide.com. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Takeda, Allison (October 2, 2014). "Teresa Giudice Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison for Fraud, Will Report in January". Us Weekly.
- "Real Housewives of New Jersey’ star Teresa Giudice released from prison, welcomed home with $90G Lexus". NYDailyNews.com. December 24, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Giudice, Teresa (8 May 2012). Fabulicious!: Fast and Fit - Teresa's Low-Fat, Super-Easy Italian Recipes. Running Press Book Publishers. p. 193. ISBN 978-0-7624-4562-2.
- Marquina, Sierra (September 24, 2015). "Teresa Giudice Tweets From Prison About the Pope: '#ProudCatholic'". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- "Bravo Biography Teresa Giudice".
- Guidice, Teresa with Maclean, Heather (30 September 2011). Skinny Italian. Hyperion Books. ISBN 978-1401310356.
- Guidice, Teresa with Maclean, Heather (3 May 2011). Fabulicious. Running Press. ISBN 978-0762442393.
- Guidice, Teresa with Maclean, Heather (8 May 2012). Fabulicious!: Fast & Fit. Running Press. ISBN 978-0762445448.
- "Best Sellers June 13, 2010 - Paperback Advice, How-To & Misc. - Also Selling". The New York Times. June 13, 2010.
- "Best Sellers: Paperback Advice, How-To And Miscellaneous: Sunday, June 26th 2011". nytimes. June 26, 2011.
- "NYT Bestsellers list archives June 10".
- Hess, Mike (July 18, 2012). "Teresa Giudice Launches Her 'Milania' Hair Product Line". Bravo. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Takeda, Allison (October 6, 2014). "Caroline Manzo 'Blown Away' by Teresa and Joe Guidice's Sentencing: It's 'Tragic'". Us Weekly.
- "Article". People.
- "NJ,USDOJ vs Giudice" (Press release). US Department of Justice.
- "'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice, husband indicted on fraud, tax charges". philly.com. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "'Real Housewives of NJ' Stars Plead Not Guilty". Associated Press. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Hyman, Vicki (March 31, 2015). "Joe Giudice sentencing in driver's license fraud case set for Thursday". NJ.com. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Katersky, Aaron; Margolin, Josh; Messer, Lesley (October 2, 2014). "Teresa Giudice Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison, Joe Giudice to Serve 3.5 Years". ABC News. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Nolan, Caitlin; Siemaszko, Corky (October 2, 2014). "Teresa Giudice sentenced to 15 months in prison; her husband Joe Giudice gets 41 months". Daily News (New York City). Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- "Teresa Giudice spends prison time watching Empire and exercising". Zap2it. April 2015.
- Puterman, Shari (August 19, 2015). "Teresa Giudice's Shore home sells for $100". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Sastrowardoyo, Hartriono B. (August 18, 2015). "Police summoned to 'Real Housewives' Manahawkin home". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Teresa Giudice at the Internet Movie Database
- Teresa Giudice on Twitter
- Youthful 8 - Milania Hair Care
- Theresa's Home until February 2016 In Danbury, Connecticut