Teresa Stanek Rea
|Teresa Stanek Rea|
|Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property
Acting Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
February 1, 2013 – November 21, 2013
|Preceded by||David J. Kappos|
|Succeeded by||Michelle K. Lee|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
Teresa Stanek Rea is the former Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and former Acting Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
She has been a licensed pharmacist in the state of Michigan since 1976[needs update] and worked for a time as a hospital pharmacist. She worked for Ethyl Corporation from 1980 to 1984 and practiced patent law with the law firms of Crowell & Moring in Washington, D.C. and Burns, Doane, Swecker & Mathis in Alexandria, Virginia.
On February 17, 2011, she was appointed to the USPTO as Deputy Director by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke. She assumed the dual roles of Acting Undersecretary and Acting Director after the resignation of David Kappos on February 1, 2013.
Rea resigned from the USPTO on November 21, 2013. Upon Rea's resignation, Commissioner for Patents Margaret A. (Peggy) Focarino began performing the functions and duties of the Under Secretary/Director and Deputy Under Secretary/Deputy Director of the USPTO until Michelle K. Lee was appointed on January 13, 2014.
- "Teresa Stanek Rea: Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Acting Director of the USPTO". U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Teresa Stanek Rea". Crowell & Moring. Archived from the original on February 9, 2010. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Teresa Stanek Rea". Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. State of Michigan. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Commerce Secretary Gary Locke Appoints Teresa Stanek Rea Deputy Director Of The U.S. Patent And Trademark Office". USPTO Press release no. 11-13. February 17, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Notice of Delegation of Functions and Duties at the USPTO". U.S Patent and Trademark Office. November 21, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Teresa Stanek Rea: Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Acting Director of the USPTO (official biography, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) at the Wayback Machine (archived November 4, 2013)
|Head of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
February 1, 2013 - November 21, 2013
Margaret A. (Peggy) Focarino
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Federal government of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|