Terese Pencak Schwartz
|Holocaust Forgotten by
Terese Pencak Schwartz
Cover of 2012 book by Schwartz
displaced persons camp
|Education||Michigan State University|
|Known for||World War II history|
Terese Pencak Schwartz (born in Wildflecken, Germany) is an American writer, historian, publicist and fine art photographer, who studied journalism and communication arts at the Michigan State University. Schwartz is the author of Holocaust Forgotten: Five Million Non-Jewish Victims devoted to history of non-Jewish victims of the Holocaust in Poland and elsewhere, published in 2012. She lives in Westlake Village, California.
Life and work
Schwartz was born in a displaced persons camp to a Polish-Catholic family of Holocaust survivors right after World War II. She emigrated to the U.S.A. with her parents and younger sister when she was two years old. Schwartz was raised in Michigan, where she attended the Michigan State University. She moved to California in her early twenties, where she also married. Schwartz began doing research on the subject of non-Jewish Holocaust victims after she converted from Roman Catholicism to Judaism. She began publishing in 1997. Schwartz is also a practising artist and fine art photographer, as well as juried member of the Thousand Oaks Art Association. The subject of history of the Holocaust related to the non-Jewish victims continues to be of great interest to her. Schwartz is currently working on a second and more expanded volume on the non-Jewish victims.
- Topics (2013). "Holocaust Forgotten - Five Million Non-Jewish Victims by Terese Pencak Schwartz". Goodreads Inc. ISBN 1475282494. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Terese Pencak Schwartz, Christine Ticali (2013). "Holocaust Forgotten: Five Million Non-Jewish Victims". Full description. The Book Depository Limited, Slough. ISBN 9781475282498. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Inauthor (2012). Holocaust Forgotten: Five Million Non-Jewish Victims by Terese Pencak Schwartz. Google Books. ISBN 1475282494. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Terese Pencak Schwartz (1997). "Five Million Forgotten". Holocaust: Non Jewish Victims of the Shoah. Remember.org. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Louis R. Eltscher (2013). "Traitors Or Patriots?: A Story of the German Anti-Nazi Resistance". Index: Terese Pencak Schwartz. iUniverse. p. 375. Retrieved 6 October 2013.