Teresita Barajuen (16 September 1907 – 12 June 2013) was a Spanish Roman Catholic nun and member of the Order of Cistercians. Barajuen is believed to hold the world record for the longest service in cloister.
Barajuen entered the Monastery of Santa María de Buenafuente del Sistal on 16 April 1927, when she was nineteen years old. She remained as a cloistered nun at the monastery for 86 years. In an interview with Portal de tu Ciudad Barajuen said that she did not originally intend to become a nun, but entered into religious life at the monastery due to family pressures. She and her fellow nuns were forced to flee the monastery during the Spanish Civil War due to fighting in the region. In August 2011, Barajuen left the monastery for the first time in forty years to meet with Pope Benedict XVI, who was visiting Madrid for World Youth Day 2011. Barajuen had entered the cloistered monastery on 16 April 1927, the same day that Benedict XVI was born.
Barajuean was one of ten Spanish nuns featured in a 2013 book, What is a Girl Like You Doing In A Place Like This?, by Jesús García, a journalist with El Mundo. Barajuen died during the night of 12 June 2013, at the age of 105. Her death was reported by Sister Maria Romero, abbess of the Buenafuente del Sistal monastery.
- "Teresita Barajuen: A world-record 86 years in a monastery". Associated Press. Christian Science Monitor. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Levy, Gabrielle (2013-06-12). "Cloistered nun dies after serving for 86 years". United Press International. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Mintz, Zoe, World's "Longest-Serving" Cloistered Nun, Sister Teresita Barajuen, Dies at 105-years-old, International Business Times, 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- Siddique, Ashik, Cloistered Nun Sister Teresita Barajuen Spent 86 'Happy' Years in Convent, Dies At Age 105, Medical Daily, 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2018-01-29
- Alvarez, Itsaso (2013-01-15). "Sor Teresita, la monja que más años lleva en un convento de clausura". ABC. Archived from the original on 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Notable deaths around the nation and world as of June 16, 2013". Oregonlive.com. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2013-07-09.