|Internet media type||application/x-tbx |
|Developed by||Localization Industry Standards Association|
|Type of format||Terminology|
TermBase eXchange (TBX) is an international standard (ISO 30042:2019) for the representation of structured concept-oriented terminological data, copublished by ISO and the Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA). Originally released in 2002 by LISA's OSCAR special interest group, TBX was adopted by ISO TC 37 in 2008. In 2019 ISO 30042:2008 was withdrawn and revised by ISO 30042:2019. It is currently available as an ISO standard and as an open, industry standard, available at no charge.
- XLIFF (XML Localisation Interchange File Format): an XML-based format created to standardize the way localizable data are passed between tools during a localization process and a common format for CAT tool files.
- IATE (“Inter-Active Terminology for Europe”) is the EU's inter-institutional terminology database used in the EU institutions and agencies since summer 2004 for the collection, dissemination and shared management of EU-specific terminology. The IATE multilingual databases can be downloaded in a zipped format, then multilanguage glossaries in TBX format can be generated using a free tool.
- dwaynebailey. "https://github.com/translate/virtaal/blob/master/share/applications/virtaal.desktop.in". GitHub. Retrieved 14 September 2015. External link in
- "ISO 30042:2019". Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- ISO 30042:2008: Systems to manage terminology, knowledge and content -- TermBase eXchange (TBX). International Organization for Standardization, http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=45797
- "LISA OSCAR Standards", GALA website. http://www.gala-global.org/lisa-oscar-standards
- "TermBase eXchange". https://www.gala-global.org/sites/default/files/uploads/pdfs/tbx_oscar_0.pdf
- "Microsoft Terminology Collection". Microsoft Language. Retrieved 14 September 2015.