This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Private limited company|
|Headquarters||Dublin, Ireland, Boston, Massachusetts, London, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia|
|Products||Content Management System|
TERMINALFOUR is a developer and provider of web content management systems (WCMS) and services. It specializes in providing WCMS to educational institutions, government and international bodies, as well as retail and financial services organizations. The company has offices in key locations throughout the world; North American HQ in Boston, European HQ in Dublin, Sales offices in London and Asia-Pacific HQ in Sydney.
TERMINALFOUR was founded in 1996 by current CEO Piero Tintori. It competed principally in the Irish and UK markets before securing investment of €1.6 million in 2010 to support its strategy for international growth. This enabled it to “expand its focus to the US market in addition to Europe”. In 2010, a United States office was opened in Boston. TERMINALFOUR clients include the Irish Central Statistics Office, Permanent TSB, Specsavers, Aer Lingus and over 100 US and British government authorities and educational institutes
The company's principal product is TERMINALFOUR Site Manager. The aim of the product is make it really easy for organizations to deliver and manage very large, highly devolved, multilingual Websites, Intranets and Extranets. The company invested €900,000 in research and gathered extensive feedback from partners and incorporated it into the development of Site Manager 7.0. The launch of Site Manager 7.0 led to a “record breaking year” for TERMINALFOUR. While the company still has a “stronghold” within the UK and Irish markets, in 2011, the U.S. market accounted for 38% of new business revenue in the previous business year.
TERMINALFOUR Site Manager 7.2 (launched in April 2012) offers multi-platform support and allows thousands of content creators around the world to collaborate on projects by enabling web content management servers to talk to each other. The updated product received a favourable review from industry watching website CMS Wire.
TERMINALFOUR Site Manager is supported across all browsers.
As a proprietary product, TERMINALFOUR is seen by some adopters[who?] as expensive in terms of cost and security. In terms of cost, the "On premises" licence starts at $15,000  with development of your custom CMS extra to this. In terms of security, since the source code is not made publicly available, it is impossible to know how secure the platform is, unlike with open source CMS solutions (which may be more or less secure).
TERMINALFOUR created an extranet that gives users a platform to share ideas, discuss the product and offer feedback. The online community, which has grown and developed throughout its existence acts as a shared resource, as it hosts thousands of pages of user guides, informational documents and community groups. Since 2008, TERMINALFOUR has hosted an annual event for users, clients and partners called T44U: Global User Conference. Topics at the event include new features, the product roadmap and the company's growth strategy.
- TERMINALFOUR Picks up €1.6m in Funding For R&D and Expansion, January 7, 2010, archived from the original on August 5, 2015
- TerminalFour announces CSO deployment, January 11, 2012, archived from the original on August 4, 2015
- TerminalFour's ambitious overseas strategy paying off, March 15, 2012, archived from the original on March 17, 2012
- TERMINALFOUR Lifts the Lid on CMS, April 12, 2009, archived from the original on August 5, 2015
- TERMINALFOUR Web CMS Gains Ground in US, November 29, 2010, archived from the original on August 5, 2015
- TERMINALFOUR Updated Web CMS Promises Improved Integration, Usability, April 17, 2012, archived from the original on August 5, 2015
- TERMINALFOUR - Web Content Management System - Pricing, archived from the original on August 4, 2015, retrieved August 4, 2015
- TERMINALFOUR Updates Web CMS, Creates Partner Community, November 25, 2008, archived from the original on August 4, 2015