Terminal City Rollergirls
|Teams||All-Stars (A team)
B Sides (B team)
|Venue||Royal City Curling Club
Terminal City is the first roller derby league in the Vancouver area, became an apprentice member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in October 2010, and a full member of the WFTDA, initially placed in the WFTDA's West Region in March 2011.
The league currently consists of four house teams, the TCRG All-Stars, and the TCRG B Sides. In 2010, Raw Meat was formed, a drop-in skating group open to all skill levels.
Terminal City features two teams that play teams from other leagues, the Terminal City All-Stars and the B Sides. The Terminal City All-Stars represents Terminal City within the WFTDA, and is ranked by the association. In 2013, The All-Stars, at the time considered a WFTDA Division 2 team, qualified for Division 1 playoffs for the first time, entering the playoff tournament in Richmond, Virginia as the 10th seed, and finishing the tournament in 7th place.
|2013||37 WFTDA||7 D1||DNQ|
|2014||18 WFTDA||6 D1||DNQ|
|2015||24 WFTDA||5 D1||DNQ|
|2016||18 WFTDA||5 D1||DNQ|
In September 2016, Terminal City hosted a 2016 International Women's Flat Track Derby Association Division 1 roller derby playoff tournament at the Richmond Olympic Oval in the Vancouver suburb of Richmond. Terminal City entered the tournament as the 5th seed, and finished in 5th place.
Terminal City skaters Luludemon and 8Mean Wheeler were selected for Team Canada at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup. 8Mean Wheeler (now skating as MacKenzie), Luludemon and four other Terminal City Skaters, Buffy Sainte Fury, Evada Peron, Eve Hallows and Kim Janna were named to the 2014 edition of Team Canada. In addition, TCRG's Mack the Mouth was named to Team Canada's coaching staff in both 2011 and 2014.
- Amy Reid, "'It's like playing dress-up, but a little more hardcore'", Vancouver Courier, 7 May 2010
- "WFTDA Apprentice Program welcomes 10 new leagues", WFTDA, 5 October 2010
- "WFTDA welcomes 6 new members", WFTDA, 1 March 2011
- "September 13-15, 2013: Richmond, Virginia". WFTDA. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "Sept. 5-7: Sacramento, California, USA - Women's Flat Track Derby Association". Wftda.com. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "D1 Playoffs Tucson, AZ Sept 4-6". Wftda.com. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Rankings: December 31, 2016 – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "D1V: #5 Terminal City contains #9 Queen City, 239-133". Derby Central. 18 September 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "D1 Playoffs Vancouver, BC Sept 16-18 - About the Venue". WFTDA. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "International Roller Derby event comes to Richmond Olympic Oval". Global News. 16 September 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Kimiya Shokoohi, "Vancouver's Luludemon rolls her way to the top", Vancouver Courier, 12 October 2011
- Mercy Less (5 August 2011). "Team Canada Roster Announced". Derby News Network. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- Derby Nerd (30 December 2014). "Team Canada Releases Roster for the 2014 Roller Derby World Cup". The Derby Nerd. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
|This article about a Canadian sports club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vancouver-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|