Terminator 2: Judgment Day (pinball)
- For other games of the same name, see Terminator 2: Judgment Day (video game).
|Release date||July 1991|
|System||Williams WPC (Dot Matrix)|
The table is the first Williams WPC machine designed to feature a dot-matrix display. But due to the long design phase, Gilligan's Island was the first manufactured with a DMD. Terminator 2: Judgment Day was the first game to feature an autoplunger (replacing the traditional plunger), as well as a ball-firing cannon (dubbed, "Gun Grip Ball Launcher"). Finally, T2 was the first game to feature a video mode, a mini video game featured on the DMD. Arnold Schwarzenegger provided voices for the game. Some playfield design elements were based on Ritchie's 1980 classic, Firepower. T-1000 was not included in the artwork of the table, with the exception of a small image of actor Robert Patrick because of pre-release secrecy of the movie. The character was only included in the display animation because when the DMD programming was finalizing the liquid metal character was already public knowledge.
A follow up to this game is Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines featuring a very similar playfield design and rulesheet.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day is available as a licensed table of The Pinball Arcade for several platforms.
- "Terminator 2: Judgment Day". The International Arcade Museum. Retrieved 13 Oct 2013.
- "Internet Pinball Machine Database: Terminator 2: Judgment Day". August 24, 2013.
- IPDB listing for Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day promo video (part 1)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day promo video (part 2)
|This pinball article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|