Terminator X: A Laser Battle for Salvation
|Terminator X: A Laser Battle for Salvation|
|Royal Adelaide Show|
|Opening date||4 September 2009|
|Closing date||12 September 2009|
|Replaced||Prison Break Live|
|Opening date||26 December 2009|
|Closing date||31 January 2010|
|Opening date||1 May 2010|
|Soft opening date||May 2010|
|Six Flags México|
|Opening date||3 February 2011|
|Attraction type||Indoor Laser Skirmish|
|Manufacturer||Sudden Impact Entertainment|
|Designer||Lynton V. Harris|
|Participants per group||30|
|Duration||5 minutes of combat plus a preshow|
Terminator X: A Laser Battle for Salvation (often shortened to just Terminator X) is a themed indoor laser skirmish attraction created by Lynton V. Harris of Sudden Impact Entertainment. The attraction is currently located at Sunway Lagoon in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia and at Six Flags México on February 3, 2011.
The first Terminator X attraction debuted at the Royal Adelaide Show in Australia in 2009. It was then moved to Adventure World in Perth, Western Australia later that year for the summer season. In early 2010, that particular installation was shipped to the United States. By May 2010, the attraction had opened at both La Ronde in Montreal, Canada, and at Sunway Lagoon in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. In November 2010, Six Flags announced that they would open the attraction at Six Flags México in 2011.
Groups of 30 guests enter a briefing room. Each player is given instructions and battle gear in this room. They are then ushered into the themed arena where the combat takes place. For approximately five minutes two teams of 15 not only battle against each other but also against the intelligent arena and against 12 characters from the Terminator series.
- Today Tonight (2009). "Terminator X". Sudden Impact Entertainment. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- Six Flags Mexico (3 February 2011). "SIX FLAGS MEXICO OPENS A NEW ATTRACTION: TERMINATOR X". Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Nash, Tim (19 January 2010). "New attractions for 2010 for Adventure World". Attractions Management. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Attractions Management - Issue 4 - 2009" (PDF). Attractions Management. 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Laser tag – the next generation". Park World Online. 7 June 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Terminator attractions launched at Sunway Lagoon". The Star Online. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Six Flags Entertainment Corporation Investor Meeting Presentation". Six Flags. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- Tuchscherer, Luke (10 May 2010). "Terminator attraction to be launched". Attractions Management. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- "Lynton V Harris - top tips for attractions operators". Park World Online. 5 November 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2010.