Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Terra or terra in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Terra is the Latin name for Earth.
Terra may also refer to:
- Terra (mythology), primeval Roman goddess
- An alternate name for Planet Earth, as well as the Latin name for the planet.
- Terra (satellite), a multi-national NASA scientific research satellite
- Terrae, extensive land masses found on various solar system bodies
Latin and other
- Terra Australis (southern land), hypothetical continent appearing on maps from the 15th to the 18th century
- Terra incognita, unknown land, for regions that have not been mapped or documented
- Terra nullius, land belonging to no one, nobody's land, empty or desolate land
- Terra pericolosa, dangerous land, for regions believed likely to put travelers in jeopardy
- Terra preta ("black earth"), very dark, fertile anthropogenic soil found in the Amazon Basin
- Terra (butterfly), genus
- TERRA (biology), TElomeric Repeat-containing RNA: RNA resulting from telomere transcription.
- Gabriel Terra (1873–1942), Uruguayan president
- Han Terra (born 1981), Korean kayago player
- Terra Ryzing, one of the names given to professional wrestler Triple H
- Terra (Hainish cycle), another name for Earth in Ursula K. Le Guin's writings
- Terra (German science fiction), a science fiction series published by Arthur Moewig Verlag, Munich
- Terra, a 2013 SF novel by Mitch Benn, and its sequel Terra's World (2014)
- Terra Nostra (novel) (Our Earth), a 1975 historical novel on Hispanic history by Mexican author Carlos Fuentes
- Terra (comics), a fictional character from the DC Comics
Film and TV
- Terra Film, German film company
- Terra: The Nature of Our World, video podcast
- La Terra (film), 2006 Italian film
- Terra (2015 film), a 2015 French nature documentary voiced by Vanessa Paradis
- Battle for Terra, a 2007 science fiction animated movie originally screened as Terra
- Terra, in the Anime RahXephon
- Terra Nova, Series by producer Steven Spielberg (2011)
- Terra (video game), 1996
- Terra, a fictional universe in Final Fantasy IX
- Terra, a playable Goddess in Smite (video game) as a Roman Guardian
- Terra Branford, a fictional character from Final Fantasy VI
- Terra (Kingdom Hearts), a fictional character from the video game franchise Kingdom Hearts
- Holy Terra, the name for Earth, as the capital of the Empire of Man, in the table top strategy and RPG game Warhammer 40,000.
- Terra (band), a Japanese band
- Terra (Cronian album)
- Terra (Mariza album)
- Terra (Jenni Vartiainen album)
- Terra (Laura Macrì album)
- La Terra (album), Aktuala
Business and brands
- Terra (currency), proposed global currency
- Terra Chips, a food brand owned by Hain Celestial Group
- Terra-Gruppen, Norwegian savings banks
- Terra Networks, Internet company
- Tellus (disambiguation)
- Tera (disambiguation)
- Terran (disambiguation)
- Terra Nova (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "Terra"
- All pages with a title containing Terra
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Terra.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.