|Original author(s)||Mitchell Hashimoto et al.|
|Initial release||July 28, 2014|
0.12.18 / December 11, 2019
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, OpenBSD, Solaris, and Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Infrastructure as Code|
|License||Mozilla Public License v2.0|
Terraform is an open-source infrastructure as code software tool created by HashiCorp. It enables users to define and provision a datacenter infrastructure using a high-level configuration language known as Hashicorp Configuration Language (HCL), or optionally JSON. Terraform supports a number of cloud infrastructure providers such as Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud (formerly Bluemix), Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean, Linode, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, OVH, or VMware vSphere as well as OpenNebula and OpenStack.
HashiCorp also supports a Terraform Module Registry launched in 2017 during HashiConf 2017 conferences.
- Comparison of open-source configuration management software
- Infrastructure as Code
- Infrastructure as Code Tools
- "Releases - hashicorp/terraform". Retrieved 11 December 2019 – via GitHub.
- Terraform's LICENSE
- "Introducing the DigitalOcean Terraform Provider".
- Roesch, Dave (2018-10-30). "Now Available: Linode Terraform Provider". Linode Blog. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Provider: Linode". Terraform by HashiCorp. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Infrastructure as code: Deploying Terraform with OVH". Infrastructure as code: Deploying Terraform with OVH. 2019-10-09. Archived from the original on 2019-10-09. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- "Provider: OVH". Terraform by HashiCorp. 2019-10-10. Archived from the original on 2019-10-10. Retrieved 2019-10-10.
- "Provider: OpenNebula". Terraform by HashiCorp. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Terraform vs. Chef, Puppet, etc. - Terraform by HashiCorp". Terraform by HashiCorp. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "HashiCorp Terraform 0.9. Released with State Locking, State Environments, and Destroy Provisioners". InfoQ. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- Yevgeniy., Brikman, (2017). Terraform Writing Infrastructure as Code. O'Reilly Media. ISBN 9781491977057. OCLC 978667796.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Somwanshi, Sneha. "Choosing the Right Tool to Provision AWS Infrastructure". ThoughtWorks.
- Turnbull, James (2016). The Terraform Book. ISBN 9780988820258.
- "Google Cloud Platform Provider for Terraform". Retrieved 2017-02-05.
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|