Terre Blair (born December 26, 1956 in Columbus, Ohio) is an award-winning broadcast journalist.
Terre went on to earn her Bachelor’s of Arts in Communications specializing in broadcasting from Otterbein University. After graduating, she continued her journalistic endeavors on networks including ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. She was the weather and news anchor for Columbus' ABC affiliate, WSYX-Channel 6.
Recognized by the New York Times as “a female reporter that breaks a pattern”, she conceived of and produced the globally televised “On Stage: A Holiday Concert for the Troops” at the Kennedy Center, a program that helped drive reform around the coverage of injured soldiers. For this work, she received the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Award for Outstanding Performance and the Commanding General’s Award for Excellence.
Her latest project, “Big Problems, Big Thinkers,” focuses on some of the world’s biggest challenges including climate change and the economy. It features interviews with Warren Buffett, the Dalai Lama, Madeleine Albright and Steven Soderbergh.
She married composer/conductor Marvin Hamlisch in May 1989.
- "Marvin Hamlisch to Marry Ms. Blair, Producer, in May", The New York Times, March 19, 1989.
- "People Are Talking About", Jet, June 19, 1989 (books.google.com).
- Laufenberg, Norbert B."Hamlisch, Marvin". Entertainment Celebrities, Trafford Publishing, 2005, p. 285 (books.google.com).
- "Germany: DMEXCO > Terre Blair, 9/14/2016 > Premiere of "Big Problems, Big Thinkers." - Marvin Hamlisch".
- Jen Robbins, Bloomberg Media.
- "How Some of the World's Top Minds Hope to Tackle Our Biggest Challenges" – via www.bloomberg.com.