Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Azazel Jacobs|
|Produced by||Alyson Dickie
|Written by||Patrick Dewitt|
|Story by||Patrick Dewitt
John C. Reilly
|Music by||Mandy Hoffman|
|Edited by||Darrin Navarro|
|Distributed by||ATO Pictures|
Terri is a 2011 independent comedy-drama film about the friendship that develops between an oversized teen misfit and the garrulous but well-meaning school principal who takes an interest in him. Filming took place in Los Angeles, California.
Overweight and depressed 15-year-old Terri Thompson starts to slack off in school and wear pajamas, to the chagrin of his teachers. Soon Terri is taken under the wing of unconventional assistant principal Mr. Fitzgerald, who creates a series of Monday-morning counseling sessions for social outcasts at the school.
- Jacob Wysocki as Terri Thompson, a shy, bullied, overweight teenager
- Creed Bratton as Uncle James, Terri's sick uncle for whom he is sole caregiver
- John C. Reilly as Darryl Fitzgerald, an unconventional but understanding assistant principal who takes Terri under his wing
- Bridger Zadina as Chad Markson, a mentally unstable student at Terri's school
- Olivia Crocicchia as Heather Miles, an outcast girl who may or may not have been the willing victim of a sexual act
- Melanie Abramoff as Amy
- Tara Karsian as Mrs. Davidson, Terri's homeroom teacher
- Tim Heidecker as Mr. Flemisch, the gym teacher
- Mary Anne McGarry as Mrs. Hamish, the office receptionist
- Jenna Gavigan as Samantha Goode, the office receptionist
- Justin Prentice as Dirty Zach
- Eddie Pepitone as Joe Hollywood
- Nelson Mashita as Robert, the custodian
- Josh Perry as Marcus Bloom
The film currently holds 86% fresh ratings on the film review aggregation website Rottentomatoes.com. A.O. Scott of the New York Times said, "What lifts Terri above its peers is not the plight of its protagonist or the film's sympathy for him, but rather the care and craft that the director, Azazel Jacobs, has brought to fairly conventional material" and Betsy Sharkey of the Los Angeles Times called it, "...impossible not to love". Roger Ebert gave the film 4 stars out of 4.
- Terri at Box Office Mojo
- "Terri". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- A. O. Scott (2011-06-30). "‘Terri,’ Directed by Azazel Jacobs - Review - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Sharkey, Betsy; Critic, Film (2011-07-01). "'Terri': Review – Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Terri :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Weekend Box Office Results for July 1–4, 2011". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2011-11-24.