Tatchell in October 2009
Terri Tatchell (born January 1, 1978) is a Canadian screenwriter, best known for co-writing the screenplay of District 9 and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay at the 82nd Academy Awards.
Tatchell graduated in 2001 from the Vancouver Film School's Writing for Film and Television program. She began her screenwriting career in 2006 with the IDEALOGUE short action film Adicolor Yellow under the direction of her husband Neill Blomkamp. In 2008, Tatchell wrote, with Blomkamp, the screenplay of the science-fiction film District 9, which was released in 2009. Her work on District 9 has since garnered a number of awards nominations, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay and the Saturn Awards. She won the 2009 Bradbury Award from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America for her work on the screenplay.
- "District 9 Oscar nominations: statements from Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell". Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Horror at the Oscars Part 1: The Quickening". Dread Central. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Women In Film + Television Vancouver - Board of Directors Archive". womeninfilm.ca. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Meredith Woerner. "What's Next For District 9 Creators? Stone Monsters And Gritty Worlds". io9. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Ronald Jack. "THE RUNAGATES CLUB". therunagatesclub.blogspot.com. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Horror at the Oscars? Hell F*cking Yeah!". bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "District 9 Writer Tackling Stone Monsters". Dread Central. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "The 36th Annual Saturn Awards Nominees". bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Standlee, Kevin (May 15, 2010). "Nebula Awards Results". Science Fiction Awards Watch. Retrieved May 15, 2010.