|Directed by||Barbet Schroeder|
|Produced by||Rita Dagher|
|Narrated by||Barbet Schroeder|
|Music by||Jorge Arriagada|
|Edited by||Nelly Quettier|
|Distributed by||Les Films du Losange (France)
Magnolia Pictures (USA)
Terror's Advocate (French: L'Avocat de la terreur) is a 2007 French documentary film directed by Barbet Schroeder. It is a portrait of controversial lawyer Jacques Vergès, who defended many terrorists and war criminals opposed by the West, including Algerian guerrilla Djamila Bouhired, Nazi butcher Klaus Barbie and Marxist-Leninist terrorist Carlos the Jackal.
The film received generally favorable reviews from critics. As of January 5, 2008, the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 85% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 40 reviews. Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 75 out of 100, based on 17 reviews.
- "Terror's Advocate - Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Terror's Advocate (2007): Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Metacritic: 2007 Film Critic Top Ten Lists". Metacritic. Archived from the original on 2008-01-02. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- "Some Favorite Directors' Favorite Films". Goop. Archived from the original on 2015-11-07. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- Terror's Advocate at the Internet Movie Database
- Terror's Advocate at Rotten Tomatoes
- Terror's Advocate at Metacritic
- Terror's Advocate at Box Office Mojo
- Terror's Advocate at AllMovie
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|