Terror Squad Entertainment
|Terror Squad Entertainment|
|Distributor(s)||Atlantic, Loud, Big Beat, Mystic|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||The Bronx, New York, New York|
Fat Joe decided to form Terror Squad after he began to associate himself with Big Pun, which was around 1993. Early on, Fat Joe used the label for mixtape releases until he struck up a distribution deal with Relativity in 1993. The deal with Relativity led to the release of Fat Joe's debut album Represent in 1993. The label got plenty of exposure in New York with the release of Fat Joe's hit single "Flow Joe". In 1995, he signed Big Pun, Cuban Link and Triple Seis to the label. In 1995, Terror Squad would release Fat Joe's 2nd album Jealous One's Envy. Soon after Fat Joe would begin his search for a new distribution label.
After seeing the success of the Terror Squad label and Fat Joe being disappointed with the album sales at Relativity, Fat Joe would move the label to Atlantic. In 1998, Terror Squad debuted as a group on the track "The Hidden Hand" from Fat Joe's 3rd major label studio album Don Cartagena. In 1998, Big Pun's debut album Capital Punishment was released through Loud, and Fat Joe released Don Cartagena, which debuted at number 7 on the Billboard 200 chart. In 1999, Terror Squad released its debut album The Album. The album was somewhat successful and made a legit name for the group and the label. On February 7, 2000, Big Pun died, & his album Yeeeah Baby was released posthumously that year on April 4.
Fat Joe released 2 more albums, Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E.) in 2001 featuring the hit single "We Thuggin'" with R. Kelly. In 2002, Fat Joe released Loyalty. In 2004, Terror Squad released its second album True Story. In 2005, Fat Joe released All or Nothing.
In September 2006, Fat Joe finalized a distribution deal for Terror Squad through Imperial Records and EMI. "Make It Rain" featuring Lil Wayne was the debut single for Fat Joe's Me Myself & I. The label also released the debut album from DJ Khaled & PRO's Super Produced Listennn... the Album that year on Koch. The label followed the success of these two albums into 2007, which led to the 2nd album from DJ Khaled We The Best which featured the hit single "We Takin' Over", which had guest appearances from Akon, T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Baby, and Lil Wayne.
- 1993: Fat Joe - Represent
- 1995: Fat Joe - Jealous One's Envy
- 1998: Big Pun - Capital Punishment
- 1998: Fat Joe - Don Cartagena
- 1999: Terror Squad - The Album
- 2000: Big Pun - Yeeeah Baby
- 2001: Fat Joe - Jealous Ones Still Envy
- 2002: Fat Joe - Loyalty
- 2004: Terror Squad - True Story
- 2005: Fat Joe - All or Nothing
- 2006: Remy Ma - There's Something About Remy: Based on a True Story
- 2006: DJ Khaled - Listennn...the Album
- 2006: Fat Joe - Me, Myself & I
- 2007: DJ Khaled - We The Best
- 2008: Fat Joe - The Elephant in the Room
- 2008: DJ Khaled - We Global
- 2009: Fat Joe - Jealous Ones Still Envy 2
- 2010: Fat Joe - The Darkside Vol. 1
- 2011: Fat Joe - The Darkside Vol. 2
- 2013: Fat Joe - The Darkside Vol. 3
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Terror Squad > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- Prato, Greg. "Fat Joe > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- Reid, Shaheem (September 11, 2006). "'Fat Joe Is Signed To Fat Joe' — Newly Independent MC, Lil Wayne Shoot 'Rain' Video -Testing At 10:16". MTV News. Retrieved June 10, 2010.