Coe served as a minister in the Cabinet of Premier Frank Lui between 1993 and 1999, being responsible for Telecoms, Meteorology, the Electrical Power Corporation, the Public Works Department, Administration and Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. He lost his portfolio after Lui was defeated in the 1999 election and has since become a key member of the country's opposition.
In 2011, he criticised his fellow MPs for voting themselves a sizeable increase in salary. He said the pay rises for politicians were a waste of public money that “would be better spent on development”.
- "Small is dutiful". UNEP. 1998. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- Stephen Levine (2000). "Political Review: Niue". The Contemporary Pacific. 12 (1): 231–236. doi:10.1353/cp.2000.0020.
- "Niue premier survives no confidence vote". Radio New Zealand International. 11 February 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- "Niue MP may pursue police over "malicious prosecution"". Radio New Zealand International. 12 June 2002. Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- “Concerns raised after Niue MPs vote themselves big salary increases”, Radio New Zealand International, 8 December 2011
|This article about a Niuean politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|