This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Date of birth||27 February 1958|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|1979–1981||Republic of Ireland||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He joined Villa for £72,000 in 1979 after establishing himself as a prolific scorer during three seasons with his hometown club Grimsby Town, helping them gain promotion from the Fourth Division. Donovan contributed two goals in Villa's 5 – 0 victory over Valur in the early stages of 1981-82 European Cup. Villa went on to win the tournament.
- "Mariners Memories: Grimsby Town stat Terry Donovan". Grimsby Telegraph. Local World.[dead link]
- "European Cup 1982 unlikely lads: Donovan at the double". Aston Villa F.C. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "R.I.P Don". Grimsby Town F.C. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Keeley Donovan". BBC Online. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- Hugman, Barry (2005). The PFA Premier and Football League Players' Records 1946-2005. Queen Anne Press.