Terry Fox station
|Owned by||OC Transpo|
Terry Fox Station is a bus stop on Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's transitway served by OC Transpo buses and named after cancer research activist Terry Fox. It is located in the western transitway section and is the main western terminal of routes 61 and 62 for all trips not extended to/from Stittsville.
It is located adjacent the Kanata Centrum shopping centre at Kanata Avenue and Earl Grey Drive, just east of the Highway 417 exit at Terry Fox Drive. The station entered service in September 2004 with construction still having been underway at that time; it officially opened on February 22, 2005. Before the station's construction, a small terminal was located at Kanata Town Centre, located south of Highway 417 on Katimavik Road.
The station was needed as the Kanata Centrum was getting more and more popular, while the Kanata Town Centre was desolate for several years. Previously, service to Centrum was very limited, but the construction of the Castlefrank Road/Kanata Avenue interchange and Valour Bridge overpass over Highway 417 have permitted for several bus routes to serve the Centrum.
As of April 23, 2017, route 96 is renumbered and re-branded as Rapid Route 61, and similarly route 92 is Rapid Route 62. Both operate with their respective previous routings (route 61 on Hazeldean, Castlefrank, and Katimavik; route 62 on Huntmar, Palladium, and Campeau) to/from downtown and St-Laurent. Route 118 is also being re-numbered to route 88 at this time, also with no change in routing.
The following routes serve Terry Fox Station:
Rapid Routes: 61 62
Frequent Routes: 88
Local Routes: 161 162 164 165 167 168
Connexion Routes: 264
Shopper Routes: 301 303
Special Event Routes: 404 454
School Routes: 661
- Route 62 doesn't travel to/from Stittsville on weekends.
- Route 62 has selected weekday evening eastbound trips that travel from Stittsville to Terry Fox only.
- Route 161 doesn't operate on weekends.
- Route 162 has replaced evening and weekend service between Tanger Outlet Mall and Terry Fox Station that was previously provided by route 62 as of September 2017.
- Routes 162 and 165 operate during selected time periods only.
- Routes 164 and 167 operate during peak-periods Monday-Friday only.
- Route 301 operates on Mondays only.
- Route 303 operates on Wednesdays only.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)