Terry G. Jordan-Bychkov
||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay that states a Wikipedia editor's personal feelings about a topic. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Terry G. Jordan-Bychkov (1938–2003) was a Professor at the Department of Geography and the Environment at University of Texas at Austin.
Jordan-Bychkov was born on August 9, 1938, in Dallas and attended Highland Park High School. He enrolled at SMU, majoring in geography and German. He began his graduate studies at The University of Texas in the fall of 1960, graduated in 1961, began his doctoral work at Wisconsin in 1962.
President of Association of American Geographers
Jordan-Bychkov was elected vice president of the AAG in 1986, and president on April 9, 1987.
For most of Jordan-Bychkov life he published under the name Terry G. Jordan. In 1997 he changed his professional nom de plume to Terry G. Jordan-Bychkov.
- 2003, The upland South: The making of an American folk region and landscape. Santa Fe, NM: Center for American Places, and Charlottesville: University of Virginia Pres
- 1997, The Mountain West: Interpreting the Folk Landscape (co-author,)
- 1993, North American cattle ranching frontiers: Origins, diffusion, and differentiation. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press
- 1989, (with M. Kaups). The American backwoods frontier: An ethnic and ecological interpretation Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press
- 1985, American Log Buildings: An Old World Heritage
- 1982, Texas graveyards: A cultural legacy. Austin: University of Texas Press
- 1981, Trails to Texas: Southern Roots of Western Cattle Ranching
- 1978, Texas log buildings: A folk architecture. Austin: University of Texas Press
- 1966, German seed in Texas soil: Immigrant farmers in nineteenth century Texas Austin: University of Texas Press
- 1964, Between the forest and the prairie. Agricultural History 38:205-16. Reprinted in Geographic perspectives on America's past: Readings on the historical geography of the United States, ed. David Ward, 50-60. New York: Oxford University Press, 1979
- Jordan-Bychkov's Curriculum Vitae