June 3, 1953|
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
|Occupation(s)||Guitarist, singer, songwriter|
|Years active||Late 1980s–present|
|Labels||BMG/First Warning, Planetary, Silvermoon|
Terry Garland (born June 3, 1953, in Johnson City, Tennessee) is an American blues guitarist, songwriter and singer. The Allmusic journalist Niles J. Frantz wrote that Garland is "a country blues interpreter who plays a National steel guitar, often with a slide, in the style of Bukka White and Fred McDowell."
His most recent release is Whistling in the Dark, issued in 2006.
- Trouble in Mind (1991)
- Edge of the Valley (1992)
- The One to Blame (1991)
- Out Where the Blue Begins (2001)
- Whistling in the Dark (2006)
- "Terry Garland: Discography". AllMusic.com. 1953-06-03. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Frantz, Niles J. (1953-06-03). "Terry Garland: Biography". AllMusic.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Russell, Tony (1997). The Blues: From Robert Johnson to Robert Cray. Dubai: Carlton Books. p. 113. ISBN 1-85868-255-X.
- "Terry Garland, Whistling in the Dark: Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.