Terry Kennedy (footballer)
|Full name||Terry Kennedy|
|Date of birth||November 14, 1993|
|Place of birth||Barnsley, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2015–2016||→ Cambridge United (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:09, 23 April 2017 (UTC).
Terry Kennedy (born 14 November 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays as a defender for Harrogate Town. Born in Barnsley, he spent time at his home–town club as a junior before making the switch to Sheffield United.
Kennedy made his début for the Blades in May 2011, coming on as a substitute in the last game of the 2010–11 season against Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium. Much was expected of Kennedy heading into his second season as a professional with the Blades, but due to a recurring knee problem he missed the majority of the campaign and didn't make a single appearance. After an intense rehabilitation period, Kennedy made his first start for the Blades in away game against Doncaster Rovers on 1 January 2013. Despite only making one appearance during the previous season, Kennedy had had his contract with the Blades extended in June 2013. Upon signing a new contract, Kennedy stated "I’m happy to sign a new deal at United... Hopefully, I’ll be able to repay the club, both this season and in the future, for the faith they’ve shown in me." Kennedy's contract with United was extended on 16 May 2014. On 31 January 2015, Kennedy signed a new contract with United keeping him at Bramall Lane until summer 2016. Since his return from injury, Kennedy has been highly praised by both manager Clough and coach Chris Morgan, being labelled as the 'ginger John Terry'.
- As of 20 November 2015
|Club||Season||Division||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Cambridge United||2015–16||League Two||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 44. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 526. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Swansea V Sheffield United". BBC Sport. 7 May 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- "Gaffer praises character". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "Retained list". Sheffield United FC Official Website. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Heartache for Jean-François as United place their faith in youth". Sheffield Telegraph. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Miller time over at Blades". Sky Sports News. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Sheffield Utd: Jamie Murphy and Terry Kennedy sign new deals". BBC Sport. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "U's complete double loan signing". Cambridge United FC. 19 November 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2015.