November 5, 1968|
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||writer, voice actor, comedian|
Terry McGurrin (born November 5, 1968) is a Canadian actor, comedian (in The Debaters) and writer from Ottawa, Ontario. He recently wrapped up as the story editor for the new 2011 YTV show Scaredy Squirrel. He has most recently been story editing Total Drama: All-Stars, Total Drama: Pahkitew Island and a new Fresh TV series called The Ridonculous Race (in which he also voices the role of the host, Don). He has recently been writing episodes of The ZhuZhus.
McGurrin has also toured extensively as a stand up comedian and has entertained the Canadian Forces stationed overseas nine times to date. He participated in the Canadian Improv Games. He has taped three comedy specials that were featured on CTV, has received seven Gemini and Canadian Screen Award nominations, five nominations at the Canadian Comedy Awards, and one nomination at the WGC Screenwriting Awards. In 2014 he won an ACTRA Award for his voice work as Scaredy Squirrel.
- Jonesy Garcia in 6teen (2004-2010)
- Bolts/Black Knight in Bolts and Blip (2010-2011)
- Scaredy in Scaredy Squirrel (2011-2013)
- Dilweed in Numb Chucks (2014-2016)
- Don (the host) of Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race (2015)
- Dad (Mr. C) and Scratch (Dot's dog) in Dot. (2016)
- Endemann, Kirstin E. (24 December 2015). "New Year's Eve: What to do in Ottawa". Ottawa Citizen.
the Shenkman Arts Centre 5th Annual NYE Comedy Night features three Canadian funny folk, including award-winning Terry McGurrin (The Debaters)
- Peters, Diane (30 October 2014). "Improv Games co-founder Willie Wyllie a champion for teens". The Globe and Mail.
Terry McGurrin, a writer and actor who played the games and performed skit comedies as a teen under Mr. Wyllie’s direction.
- "Winners Announced: ACTRA Awards in Toronto 2014". Newswire.ca. 22 February 2014.
Outstanding Performance - Voice .. Terry McGurrin (Scaredy Squirrel in Scaredy Squirrel, "The Trophy Catastrophe")
- Terrace, Vincent (6 November 2008). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010. McFarland & Company. p. 976.
Terry McGurrin (Jonesy)
- Burke, Jessica (30 December 2015). "Ring in the New Year in Ottawa". Orléans Star. Archived from the original on 27 September 2016.
Terry McGurrin has been nominated for numerous awards and is known as the voice of "Scaredy Squirrel" on the hit YTV series.
- Erickson, Hal. Television Cartoon Shows: The shows, M-Z. McFarland & Company. p. 537.
Terry McGurrin (Squidguts)