Business and professional history
Snow is Executive Chairman of the Capital Airport Group, the company which owns the lease for the land which contains Brindabella Business Park, Defence Establishment Fairbairn and associated Fairbairn Business Park, and the Majura Park shopping precinct. In 2013, Snow was ranked by Forbes as Australia's 39th richest person, with a net worth of $755 million.
Snow has been responsible for a $250 million development of a new terminal for Canberra Airport as well as the development of Brindabella Business Park. Snow's attempt to develop land around the Canberra Airport has been described by Patrick Troy as controversial. Specific criticisms include that it removes jobs from Civic, diminishes Canberra's town centre, and causes unnecessary congestion on roads originally designed exclusively for airport traffic.
In 2005 he published the "Living City" proposal for the redevelopment of Canberra. This caused some controversy, especially after the proposal's rebuff by the ACT Government and combined with his provocative assertion that Canberra is a "dead-set boring" city that had been "going backwards since self-government".
The Snow family is a strong supporter of, and has provided in-kind contributors to, the Marriage Equality lobby group Australians for Equality. Terry Snow's son Tom is the executive Co-Chair, with Tiernan Brady as the Director of Australians for Equality.
Terry is married to Ginette, and they have four children: Georgina, Stephen, Tom, Scarlet.
Snow is often seen with his blue heeler dog, Chilli, which attends meetings with him at his airport offices.
- Board of Directors, Canberra Airport Group, accessed 2009-08-23
- Brindabella Park, Kathleen Hyland interview with Terry Snow, ABC TV, 2004-04-02, accessed 2009-08-24
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Stateline, Interview between Kathleen Hyland and Patrick Troy, 3 June 2005
- Snow Foundation, accessed 2009-08-23
- Listening to Fresh Voices: new foundations, younger generations, Georgina Byron, Philanthropy Australia conference, October 2008, accessed 2009-08-24
- High Powered Members appointed to Canberra Central Taskforce, ACT Government, 2005-05-05, accessed 2009-08-24
- Minutes of Proceedings, ACT Legislative Assembly, 2005-05-04, accessed 2009-08-24
- Govt fights back over 'boring' claims, Canberra Times, 2005-07-29, accessed 2009-08-24
- Taylor, Josh (2 August 2016). "Snowed under: Australian Marriage Equality offshoot focuses on plebiscite". Crikey. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Massola, James (4 February 2017). "Government MPs working to bring same-sex marriage policy to a head over next fortnight". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Thistleton, John (14 May 2012). "Doting dads get in the frame". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "dad daddy sybilla and angus".
- "Board of Directors". Canberra Airport. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011.
- Stephen flies high on enthusiasm, Canberra City News, 6–12 August 2009, accessed 2009-08-24