|Born||16 August 1961|
Conisbrough, Yorkshire, England
|Home town||Whitwell-on-the-Hill, Yorkshire|
|Playing darts since||2000|
|Darts||21 Gram Harrows|
|Walk-on music||"Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||196|
|BDO majors - best performances|
|World Masters||Last 64: 2006|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|UK Open||Last 16: 2013|
|Other tournament wins|
Terry Temple (born 16 August 1961 from Yorkshire) is an English professional darts player currently playing in Professional Darts Corporation events. He has come through Qualifying School to earn a place on the PDC three times and is exempt to play events until the end of the 2017 season.
Temple's best result of 2012 came in the UK Open Qualifier 4 at the Barnsley Metrodome, defeating the likes of reigning world champion Adrian Lewis before losing 2–6 to Dean Winstanley in the quarter-finals. He qualified for the fourth European Tour event of 2012, the German Darts Masters and beat three time world champion John Part 6–2 in the first round, before losing to Tony West 4–6 in the last 32. Temple also qualified for the next event, the Dutch Darts Masters, but Co Stompé defeated him 2–6 in the first round. Temple came within one match of qualifying for his first World Championship when he reached the semi-finals of the qualifying event. He had won five matches to get to this stage and knew that a win over Stuart Kellet would guarantee him a place in the preliminary round at least. However, he was beaten 1–5.
Temple was ranked world number 71 after the World Championship, outside of the top 64 who retain their tour cards for the 2013 season. He therefore entered Q School in a bid to win a two-year card and was one match away from doing so on the final day, but lost to Royden Lam 6–3. Temple therefore did not have automatic entry into PDC Pro Tour events for 2013. He qualified for the UK Open by finishing 50th on the UK Open Order of Merit. He enjoyed wins over Prakash Jiwa, Mark Lawrence and John Bowles to reach the last 16 for the first time in his career. He faced Andy Hamilton and comprehensively lost 1–9. His deepest run in the rest of the year came two weeks later at the fifth Players Championship where he was defeated 6–2 by Kevin Painter in the quarter-finals. Temple once again competed in Q School in an attempt to earn a new PDC tour card. He got closest to doing so on the first day when he lost 5–3 to Brian Woods in the last 16. However, after all four days were completed Temple was ranked 19th on the Q School Order of Merit, inside the top 24 who earn their places for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
In February 2014, Temple won the North Ormesby Open by beating Dave Prins in the final. He failed to qualify for the UK Open, but had a good season in the Players Championship events by reaching the last 16 two times and the quarter-finals of the 11th tournament where he was whitewashed 6–0 by Gary Anderson.
Temple entered the 2015 UK Open at the second round stage and missed three matches darts against Kyle Anderson to be defeated 5–4. His sole European Tour appearance came at the European Darts Matchplay where he lost 6–3 against Tony Newell. After making last 32 and last 16 appearances during the four days of 2016 Q School, Temple finished sixth on the Order of Merit to earn a two-year tour card. However, during 2016 he was unable to get beyond the last 64 of any event.
- "Terry Temple 2012". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Simon Whitlock backing Terry Temple". York Press. 12 June 2012.
- "2012 PDC German Darts Masters Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "2012 PDC Dutch Darts Masters Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "2013 PDC World Championship Qualifiers Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Order of Merit on 1 January 2013". PDC. Archived from the original on 23 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "2013 UK Open Order Of Merit". PDC. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "2013 UK Open Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Speedy Services UK Open - Fifth Round". PDC. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Players Championship: Peter Wright defeated Wes Newton in the final in Crawley". Sky Sports. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Terry Temple 2013". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 29 November 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "2014 PDC Tour Card Qualifying School Entry List". Darts Database. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "2014 North Ormesby Open Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Terry Temple 2014". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 30 November 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Brilliant Anderson's Coventry Win". PDC. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Coral UK Open - Friday Afternoon". PDC. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "2015 PDC European Matchplay Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "2016 PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Terry Temple 2016". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.