|Member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly for Wagin|
20 February 2001 – 30 January 2017
|Preceded by||Bob Wiese|
|Succeeded by||seat abolished|
17 February 1951 |
Cottesloe Western Australia
|Political party||The Nationals|
Terrence Keith "Terry" Waldron (born 17 February 1951) is an Australian politician. He was a The Nationals member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly from 2001 to 2017, representing the electorate of Wagin.
After completing his high school education Waldron briefly returned to the family farm for a year before moving back to Perth to work in the insurance industry and further his football and cricket career. He played 29 games for the Claremont Football Club in the Western Australian National Football League (WANFL), and later 17 games for the South Adelaide Football Club in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL). He then returned to Kojonup in 1975 and worked in real estate, eventually managing the regional branch of Elders. In 1992 he was appointed the general manager of the West Australian Country Football League and continued in that position until entering politics.
Following the retirement of Bob Wiese, Waldron won National Party preselection for the seat of Wagin. In the following election in 2001 Waldron won the seat with a margin of 26%. Waldron was re-elected in the 2005 election by a margin of 19%. He held the seat until his retirement in 2017.
He is married to Noelene Waldron and they have four children; Jemma, Kelly, Bonnie and Jessica.
- "Extract from the Western Australian Parliamentary Handbook". 2007. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "National Party of WA – Terry Waldron". 2007. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- Extract from Hansard (ASSEMBLY – Tuesday, 26 February 2008) – Parliament of Western Australia. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- "Inaugural speech of Terry Waldron" (PDF). 2001. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "The Poll Bludger". 2001. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "ABC – Western Australian result 2005". 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
|Member for Wagin