Terry and Julian
|Terry and Julian|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||11 September
16 October 1992
Terry and Julian is a British sitcom that aired on Channel 4 in 1992. Starring Julian Clary, it was written by Clary, Paul Merton and John Henderson. The title is a spoof the title of the long-running BBC sitcom Terry and June, whose star June Whitfield made a guest appearance in one episode of Terry and Julian.
Terry, an average, heterosexual man, advertises for a lodger for his flat in Streatham and Julian, a flamboyant gay Channel 4 celebrity moves in. Julian soon disrupts Terry's mundane life, turns the flat into something similar to an 18th-century Turkish boudoir and disrupts Terry's relationship with his girlfriend, policewoman Rene.
Unusually for a sitcom, Terry and Julian breaks the "fourth wall" by recognising the studio audience and viewers, and employs use of audience participation.
- "Enter Julian" (11 September 1992)
- "Get Thee Behind Me" (18 September 1992)
- "Julian Slips Out" (25 September 1992)
- "The Other Side of Julian" (2 October 1992)
- "Julian's Safe Deposit" (9 October 1992)
- "Spain" (16 October 1992)
- Mark Lewisohn, "Radio Times Guide to TV Comedy", BBC Worldwide Ltd, 2003
- Terry and Julian at British TV Comedy