|State||New South Wales|
|Regions||Sydney basin (IBRA), Northern Suburbs|
|Local government areas||Parramatta, Ryde, Hornsby|
|Part of||Lane Cove River catchment|
|- location||north of Dundas Valley|
|Mouth||confluence with Devlins Creek to form the Lane Cove River|
|- location||North Epping|
|Length||7 km (4 mi)|
|Basin||10.12 km2 (4 sq mi)|
|National park||Lane Cove NP|
Terrys Creek, an urban watercourse that is part of the Lane Cove River catchment, is located in Northern Suburbs region of Sydney, Australia. It was named after Edward Terry (1840 - 1907) who served as the first mayor of Eastwood municipality.
Course and features
Terrys Creek rises about 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) north of the suburb of Dundas Valley, east of Marsden Road; with its headwaters forming the watershed boundary between the Hornsby Plateau and the Cumberland Plain. The creek flows generally north by north-east before reaching its confluence with Devlins Creek to form the Lane Cove River, north-east of the suburb of North Epping, in Lane Cove National Park. The course of the creek is approximately 7 kilometres (4.3 mi); and the catchment area is 10.12 square kilometres (3.91 sq mi), spread over the Parramatta, Ryde and Hornsby local government areas.
The catchment area has been subject to periodic flooding, most notably in 1967/8, November 1984, and in February 1990 when 174 residents were displaced as a result of rising flood waters. The 1984 flood resulted in flooding of a number of residential properties throughout the catchment, and also resulted in considerable damage and disruption in the Eastwood town centre.
- "Terrys Creek". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Self guided bushwalks: Terrys Creek Walk" (PDF). Hornsby Shire Council. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Eastwood and Terrys Creek Catchment". Development: Planning Controls: Other Planning Considerations: Flood Prone Areas. City of Ryde. November 2008. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- Bewsher Consulting Pty Ltd (October 2009). "Eastwood & Terrys Creek Floodplain Risk Management Study & Plan" (PDF). City of Ryde. pp. 18–19. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- Bewsher Consulting Pty Ltd (October 2009). "Eastwood & Terrys Creek Floodplain Risk Management Study & Plan" (PDF). City of Ryde. Report includes maps and photos of historical and projected future flood events, together with proposed mitigation strategies.
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|