Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency
|Website||Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency|
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is an Australian government agency that regulates and assures the quality of Australia’s higher education sector. In doing so, TEQSA administers two pieces of legislation, the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011and the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000.
The Australian higher education system comprises both public and private universities, local branches of overseas universities, and other higher education providers. TEQSA registers and assesses the performance of higher education providers against the Higher Education Standards Framework – specifically, the Threshold Standards, which all providers must meet in order to enter and remain within Australia’s higher education sector.
TEQSA's operates as a 'risk-based regulator' with its operations guided by three regulatory principles: regulatory necessity, reflecting risk and proportionate regulation. This approach to regulating Australia's higher education sector is outlined in its Risk Assessment Framework.
TEQSA sits within the Federal Education Portfolio and the Department of Education and Training of the Government of Australia. As of October 2015, the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency is Anthony McClaran.
TEQSA was established on 30 July 2011 by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 as part of the Government of Australia's Transforming Australia's Higher Education System initiative, taking over the activities of the Australian Universities Quality Agency and integrating activities by similar state government regulatory bodies.
- APS Statistical Bulletin 2015-2016 (Report). Australian Public Service Commission. September 2016.
- Government, Department of Education and Training, Australian (2017-05-16). "Higher Education | Department of Education and Training, Australian Government". www.education.gov.au. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Regulatory approach | Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency". teqsa.gov.au. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Governance". Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Legislation". Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|