|Founder||Dr. Naif Al-Mtawa|
|Headquarters||Safat, 13048 Kuwait|
|Dr. Naif Al-Mutawa, Editor-in-chief|
|Parent||Teshkeel Media Group|
Teshkeel Comics (Arabic: تشكيل كومكس, translit. taškeel komiks, or more formally تشكيل للقصص المصورة taškeel li-l-qiṣaṣ al-muṣawwara) is a Kuwaiti comic book publisher, and a division of Teshkeel Media Group, a company focused on creating, re-engineering and exploiting all forms of children's media based on or infused with localised culture in the Middle East.
Teshkeel Comics was founded by Dr. Naif Al-Mutawa while studying for his M.B.A. at Columbia Business School in 2003. In 2005, Teshkeel had established a partnership with Marvel Comics to publish their comic book titles in the Arabic language to be released for audiences in the Middle East and North African regions, which are an Arab-speaking majority. On March 16, 2006, Teshkeel released their first published comic, which was an issue of The Spectacular Spider-Man in Arabic. Teshkeel also made deals with DC Comics and Archie Comics to publish and distribute their own comic book titles in Arabic the same way.
Other than translating American comics, Teshkeel also published an original superhero comic book series, The 99. The 99 debuted in May 2006, and continued to be published until September 2013. Teshkeel published The 99 in English, Arabic, and Bahasa Indonesian, among other languages. The 99 was distributed in North America via Diamond Comic Distributors.
Teshkeel Comics also published a licensed children's magazine based on Cartoon Network's characters and series. This magazine was published in both English and Arabic.
- The 99 (Arabic and English)
- Archie (Arabic only)
- Archie and Friends (Arabic only)
- The Batman Adventures (Arabic only; based on Volume 2)
- Cartoon Network Magazine (Arabic and English)
- Hulk (Arabic only; based on the 2000 series)
- Marvel (Arabic only; umbrella title for various stories of miscellaneous Marvel characters, such as Fantastic Four)
- The Spectacular Spider-Man (Arabic only)
- Superman Adventures (Arabic only)
- Ultimate Spider-Man (Arabic only)
- Ultimate X-Men (Arabic only)
- "Naif Al-Mutawa Hermes Profile". Columbia Business School. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "TESHKEEL MEDIA GROUP BRINGS MARVEL COMICS TO THE MIDDLE EAST". Marvel news release. 2006-02-23. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- Carlson, Johanna (2006-03-17). "Archie in the Middle East". Comics Worth Reading. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Coker, Margaret (2008-11-25). "Kuwaiti Entrepreneur Hopes to Create the Next Pokémon". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "Teshkeel signs exclusive distribution deal". AME Info. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- Teshkeel Comics at the Comic Book DB
- Unicorn joins Teshkeel to fund comic publisher, Gulf News, September 28, 2006
- Comics to Battle for Truth, Justice and the Islamic Way, New York Times, January 22, 2006
- Can Comics Change the Arab World?, The Harvard Crimson, February 15, 2007
- Teshkeel in India - Comicology