|Traded as||NASDAQ: TSRA
S&P 600 Component
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, United States|
|Revenue||US$273.3 million (FY 2015)|
|US$162.2 million (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|264 (December 31, 2015)|
Xperi Corporation (formerly Tessera Holding Corporation) is a San Jose, California-based technology that innovates and licenses technology and intellectual property to customers and others who implement it for use in areas such as mobile computing and communications, memory and data storage, and 3-D Integrated Circuit (“3DIC”) technologies, among others. Technologies include semiconductor packaging and interconnect solutions, and products and solutions for mobile and computational imaging. Tessera has licensed its chip packaging technology to numerous semiconductor manufacturers, including Intel and Samsung Electronics.
As the company has grown and evolved, it expanded business through the acquisition of FotoNation, which specializes in image and video enhancement and analysis; and the formation of Invensas, an innovator in next-generation semiconductor and packaging technologies.
Tessera was founded in 1990.
Some company milestones are listed below:
- 1990: company founded by former IBM research scientists
- 1994: Hitachi and Shinko Electric Industries Ltd. license Tessera technologies
- 2005: Acquired assets of Shellcase MVP 
- 2006: Acquired DigitalOptics Corporation
- 2008: Acquired FotoNation
- 2009: Won International Trade Commission ruling against Motorola, Qualcomm, Freescale Semiconductor and Spansion in May, 
- 2009: Samsung licenses Tessera technologies
- 2011: Founded Invensas Corporation
- 2013: Sold Micro-Optics business
- 2013: Closed leased manufacturing facility in Zhuhai, China, and consolidated manufacturing capabilities in Taiwan.
- 2014: Announced cessation of mems|cam manufacturing operations
- 2016: Acquired DTS Inc.
- February 2017: Changed name from Tessera Holding Corporation to Xperi Corporation
- Vance, Ashlee (August 16, 2009). "A Determined Outpost of Tiny Technology". The New York Times. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- "Tessera completes acquisition of Shellcase assets". EE Times. Retrieved 28 December 2005.
- "Tessera Completes Acquisition of FotoNation". Bloomburg. Retrieved 12 February 2008.
- "Tessera Shares Climb on Patent Ruling". WirelessWeek. Associated Press. May 22, 2009. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- "Tessera Technologies Announces Strong Second Quarter 2014 Results". Bezinga. BusinessWire. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|