Testbourne Community School
|Testbourne Community School|
|Department for Education URN||116502 Tables|
|Age||11 to 16|
Testbourne Community School in Whitchurch, Hampshire, England, has been a secondary school since the Victorian era and is a foundation school. It educates around 760 students aged 11–16. The Headteacher is currently Jon Beck, who was appointed in September 2017.
The school was rated as Outstanding by the school regulator Ofsted in its most recent inspection, which took place in November 2010 (up from Good in May 2007). The OFSTED inspectors praised the previous headteacher at this “exceptionally well-run school” for her “excellent leadership” and her “relentless focus on improving the school from its good quality at the last inspection.”
Kid Witness News
Students have won several awards in the 'Kid Witness News' competition over the years. In May 2010, a video called B is for Apple won the award for Best Story at the European competition held in Hamburg. They had won the UK Grand Prix and UK Best Story-telling awards at the UK competition held in Derby earlier that month.
In 2009, students won the Global Citizenship Award at the International KWN finals in Japan for their video called Dansez What You Can’t Sez.
The following year, the student’s film Won’t Listen Can’t Hear, presented by student Grace Fletcher and warning of the hazards of listening to MP3 players too loudly, won 'best soundtrack' and came third overall (out of 626 schools worldwide).
In June 2005 in a remarkable achievement, although the school has no dedicated rugby union pitch or posts, their U12 rugby team won its age-group final at The Daily Telegraph Emerging Schools Final at Twickenham in a competition involving 2,000 teams and 40,000 children across the United Kingdom.
- "Ofsted report on Testbourne, November 11, 2010" (PDF). Ofsted. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "School welcomes praise for its rising standards". This is Basingstoke (Basingstoke Gazette). 28 July 2007. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "Outstanding Results". Whitchurch.org.uk. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "Awarded schools" Archived 16 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Arts Council England, accessed 30 December 2007
- "‘B is for Apple’ is a Winner!", Whitchurch.org.uk
- "Testbourne kids are video winners in Japan (again)!", Whitchurch.org.uk
- "KWN Global Awards - Japan 2008" Archived 14 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine., Testbourne School News
- "Harrow set tone for year of high achievers", Gareth A Davies, The Daily Telegraph, 12 June 2005