|Other names||Testiphenon; Testiphenone; Chlorphenacyl dihydrotestosterone ester; Dihydrotestosterone 17β-(4-(bis(2-chloroethyl)amino)phenyl)acetate; LS-19378|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||548.59 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Testifenon, also known as testiphenon, testiphenone, chlorphenacyl dihydrotestosterone ester, or dihydrotestosterone 17β-(4-(bis(2-chloroethyl)amino)phenyl)acetate, is a synthetic anabolic–androgenic steroid (AAS) and a cytostatic antineoplastic agent (i.e., chemotherapeutic) that was never marketed. It is an androgen ester – specifically, a chlorphenacyl nitrogen mustard ester of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) – and acts as a prodrug of these two components in the body. The drug was developed in Russia as a tissue-selective cytostatic drug for the treatment of various cancers occurring in androgen receptor-expressing tissues that would have reduced side effects and toxicity relative to other chemotherapy drugs.
- List of hormonal cytostatic antineoplastic agents
- List of androgen esters § Dihydrotestosterone esters
- Lagova ND, Sof'ina ZP, Shkodinskaia EN, Kurdiumova KN, Valueva IM (1988). "[The antineoplastic activity of testiphenon]". Vopr Onkol (in Russian). 34 (11): 1363–8. PMID 3201773.
- Demidova, N. V.; Serebryakova, E. A.; Gasan-Guseinova, Z. G.; Zimakova, N. I.; Arzamastsev, A. P. (1995). "Comparative pharmacokinetics of3H-testiphenone and3H-chlorophenacyl in peroral administration to mice". Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal. 29 (11): 737–739. doi:10.1007/BF02331848. ISSN 0091-150X.
- Oborotova NA, Smirnova ZS, Polozkova ZS, Baryshnikov AI (2002). "[Pharmacological aspects in the development of liposomal medicinal preparations for the internal injection of hydrophobic cytostatics]". Vestn. Akad. Med. Nauk SSSR (in Russian) (1): 42–5. PMID 11882971.
|This article about a steroid is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|