From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Testudo (which meant "tortoise" in classical Latin) may refer to:
- Testudo (genus), a genus of tortoises
- Testudo (lyre), the Latin variant of the Greek chelys harp, involving a sound-box made from a tortoise shell
- The testudo formation, a Roman military tactic, where a formation of soldiers used their shields to form a tortoise-shell-like protective cover against incoming missiles
- Battering ram, an armored siege engine of antiquity, with metal plating on the top to protect from missiles fired from above
- The name of the official mascot of the University of Maryland, College Park, a diamondback terrapin
- Testudo - Pisces (constellation)#Asterisms and subdivison, an obsolete constellation now in the constellation of Pisces
- Testudo, an alternative name of the constellation Lyra
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Testudo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.