|Birth name||Tetera Faulkner|
|Date of birth||26 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||117 kg (18 st 6 lb)|
|School||Cheltenham Secondary College |
Marist College Canberra
|Rugby union career|
Tetera Faulkner (born 26 July 1988) is an Australian professional rugby union player. He currently represents the Western Force in the Super Rugby competition. His regular playing position is prop.
Faulkner was born in Tauranga, New Zealand and lived his early years at Te Puna in the Bay of Plenty. At 12 years of age, he moved with his family to Melbourne, Australia. He played his junior rugby at Moorabbin Rams and played age-group representative rugby for Victoria. Faulkner attended Cheltenham Secondary College in Melbourne before transferring to Marist College Canberra. He played for the Australian Schoolboys team in 2006.
Faulkner represented Australia at the IRB Under 19 Rugby World Championship in Ireland in 2007. He represented Australia at Under 20 level at the inaugural IRB Junior World Championship in Wales in 2008.
Tetera Faulkner played club rugby for Tuggeranong Vikings in Canberra from 2007, and joined the Brumby Runners development squad in 2008. In 2010, he transferred to the Southern Districts Rugby Club in Sydney and also played for the Junior Waratahs development side in the Pacific Rugby Cup.
In 2011 Faulkner was recruited to the Western Force to play in the 2012 season. He made an earlier than expected debut when called upon as an injury replacement late in the 2011 Super Rugby season. Faulkner earned his first Super Rugby cap on 17 June 2011, against the Rebels in Melbourne.
Faulkner currently plays his club rugby for Wanneroo Districts Rugby Football Club in Perth, Western Australia.
Super Rugby Statistics
- As of 16 June 2019
- On 22 October, Faulkner was named in the Australian national team for the Wallabies 2014 End-of-year test, under the new coach of Michael Cheika. He made his international debut in the first test match of the tour - against Wales at the Millennium Stadium coming of the bench for James Slipper. "Tetera Faulkner Player Profile". RugbyWA Media. 1 September 2012. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "Te Puna junior feels the Force". Bay of Plenty Times. 1 June 2011. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- Nathan, Ian (5 June 2011). "Tetera Faulkner signs with Force". Moorabbin Rugby Union Football News. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- Knight, James (9 April 2011). "A young prop from south of the border is making waves in Sydney rugby" (PDF). Rugby News, Volume 25, Issue 2, p. 22. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "National Teams 2006". ARU Annual report 2006 pp 64–66. ARU media. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "Ford Australian Under 19s announce Squad for IRB World Cup defence". ARU media. 5 March 2007. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "Ford Australian Under 20s primed for Canada clash". ARU media. 1 June 2008. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012.
- "Player Statistics". its rugby. Retrieved 26 July 2016.