This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Neo-Baroque town hall of Teterow (1910)
|• Mayor||Andreas Large V.|
|• Total||47.17 km2 (18.21 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Vehicle registration||LRO, TET, GÜ|
Teterow (German: [ˈteːtəʁoː] (listen)) is a town of Germany, in the district of Rostock, in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. It is the geographical center of this federal state. It had a population of 8,852 in 2011.
There are two remaining gates of the ancient city wall: the 14th-century Malchiner Tor (today the seat of the museum of local history), and the Rostocker Tor.
The Marktplatz (Market Square), with the Town Hall, was built in 1910 in Neo-Baroque style.
The "Hechtbrunen" with inscription in "Plattdütsch" (Northgerman dialect). Weck Lüd sünd klauk un weck sünd däsig, un weck dei sünd wat öwernäsig. Lat't ehr spijöken, kinnings lat't, dei Klock hett lürr't, dei Hekt is fat't.
Thusch -  - Theater in der Uhrenschule (Theatre at the Clock factory). A Studio theatre and cinema, existing since 2002. Member of the Landesverbandes Filmkommunikation Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, the umbrella organisation of art house cinema and film clubs.
Teterow is twinned with:
- Bad Segeberg, Germany, since 1990
- Scheeßel, Germany, since 1990
- Białogard, Poland, since 1993
- Kunszentmárton, Hungary, since 1993
- Šiauliai, Lithuania, since 1999
- Sjöbo, Sweden, since 2008
- Ulrich Adam (born 1950) - politician (CDU), member of the German Bundestag from 1990 to 2009, holder of the Federal Cross of Merit
- Herta Bothe (born 1921) - Nazi concentration camp guard, war criminal
- Marcel Gleffe (born 1979) - "Saviour of Utøya", saved the lives of 20 people during the 2011 Utøya massacre in Norway
- Hans G. Helms (1932–2012) - experimental writer, composer, social and economic analyst and critic
- Gerd Kische (born 1951) - former German football player
- René Lange (born 1988) - German football player
- Johann Heinrich von Thünen (1783–1850) - prominent economist, influential in the field of Economic geography
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for de:Teterow.|