Teton Village, Wyoming
|Teton Village, Wyoming|
Clock tower and tram station in Teton Village
Location of Teton Village, Wyoming
|• Total||5.0 sq mi (13.0 km2)|
|• Land||5.0 sq mi (13.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,329 ft (1,929 m)|
|• Density||66/sq mi (25/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1603585|
Teton Village is a census-designated place (CDP) in Teton County, Wyoming, United States. The population was 330 at the 2010 census. The village surrounds the base of the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. It is accessed from nearby Jackson, Wyoming and the surrounding area via the Moose-Wilson Road (Wyoming highway 390).
Teton Village is located at (43.586405, -110.826729).
As of the census of 2000, there were 175 people, 88 households, and 44 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 34.9 people per square mile (13.5/km²). There were 396 housing units at an average density of 79.1/sq mi (30.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 98.86% Euro American and 1.14% Asian. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.71% of the population.
There were 88 households out of which 15.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.5% were married couples living together, 4.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% were non-families. 36.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.99 and the average family size was 2.68.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 13.1% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 27.4% from 25 to 44, 32.0% from 45 to 64, and 20.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 47 years. For every 100 females, there were 116.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 108.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $80,000, and the median income for a family was $151,480. Males had a median income of $100,000 versus $22,917 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $66,928. None of the families and 5.9% of the population were living below the poverty line.
Public education in the community of Teton Village is provided by Teton County School District #1.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Wyoming Place Names". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on April 11, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2012.