|Mbu pufferfish (T. mbu)|
Tetraodon is a genus in the pufferfish family (Tetraodontidae) found in freshwater in Africa. It is the type genus of the family and historically included numerous other species; several Asian species were only moved to the genera Dichotomyctere, Leiodon and Pao in 2013.
- Tetraodon duboisi Poll, 1959
- Tetraodon lineatus Linnaeus, 1758 (Fahaka pufferfish, Nile pufferfish, lineatus puffer or globe fish)
- Tetraodon mbu Boulenger, 1899 (mbu pufferfish or giant pufferfish)
- Tetraodon miurus Boulenger, 1902 (Congo pufferfish or potato pufferfish)
- Tetraodon pustulatus A. D. Murray, 1857 (Cross River pufferfish)
- Tetraodon schoutedeni Pellegrin, 1926
- Sepkoski, Jack (2002). "A compendium of fossil marine animal genera". Bulletins of American Paleontology. 364: 560. Retrieved 2008-01-08.
- Kottelat, M. (2013). The Fishes of the Inland Waters of Southeast Asia: A Catalogue and Core Bibliography of the Fishes Known to Occur in Freshwaters, Mangroves and Estuaries. The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology, 2013, Supplement No. 27: 1–663.
- Eschmeyer, W. N., R. Fricke, and R. van der Laan (18 February 2017). Catalog of Fishes. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
|This Tetraodontiformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|