Teurlings Catholic High School
|Teurlings Catholic High School|
139 Teurlings Drive
|Founder||William J. Teurlings|
|Authority||Diocese of Lafayette|
|Chancellor||Fr. Brian Taylor|
|Enrollment||670  (2008)|
|Color(s)||Red, navy and white|
|Rival||St. Thomas More of Lafayette, Louisiana|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Admissions Director||Maria Latiolais Hanes|
|Athletic Director||Mark Charpentier|
Teurlings Catholic High School was established in 1955 as Father Teurlings High School. Father William J. Teurlings was the pastor who envisioned the school and arranged for the purchase of the property the school sits on. The school opened shortly before his death in 1957.
Most students feed from the following schools (located in Lafayette unless otherwise noted):
- Sts. Leo Seton Catholic School
- St. Genevieve Middle School
- St. Bernard School (Breaux Bridge)
- Carencro Catholic School (Carencro)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Holy Family Catholic School
- St. Peter & Paul Catholic School
Though they are not recognized as feeder schools, some students come from schools such as Our Lady of Fatima, St. Pius X, St. Cecilia School (Broussard), Cathedral Carmel School, and various public schools around Lafayette Parish.
- Kacie Cryer, basketball coach
- Jake Delhomme, football player
- Taylor Dugas, baseball player
- David Begnaud, CBS News
Notes and references
- SACS-CASI. "SACS-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- TCHS. "School History". Archived from the original on 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2007-05-11.