Teutopolis Township, Effingham County, Illinois
|Village of Teutopolis and Township|
|Motto: A Great Place To Live|
Location in Effingham County
Effingham County's location in Illinois
|• Total||17.04 sq mi (44.1 km2)|
|• Land||17.04 sq mi (44.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||152.9/sq mi (59.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62401, 62467|
|GNIS feature ID||0429830|
Teutopolis Township is one of fifteen townships in Effingham County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,605 and it contained 965 housing units. It was formed from Douglas Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township (E½ T8N R6E) has a total area of 17.04 square miles (44.1 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these two cemeteries: Saint Francis and Wood Lawn.
- Effingham Community Unit School District 40
- Teutopolis Community Unit School District 50
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 108
- State Senate District 54
- "Teutopolis Township, Effingham County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Douglas Township||Spring Point Township, Cumberland County|
|St. Francis Township|
|Watson Township||Bishop Township|